Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Brooks Albums to Only Be Sold at Wal-Mart

Threaded View

Brooks Albums to Only Be Sold at Wal-Mart

Not that this will affect me anyway since I am not a fan of Brooks or his musical genre but if a favorite artist of mine ever pulled a stunt like this it would ensure me never buying another album of theirs again.

Brooks Albums to Only Be Sold at Wal-Mart

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050821/...e_garth_brooks

BENTONVILLE, Ark. - Country superstar
    Garth Brooks has signed an exclusive multiyear contract with Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
    ADVERTISEMENT

No details of the agreement were released by Wal-Mart officials Friday, but Billboard and the Los Angeles Times reported the deal will make Wal-Mart, Sam's Club and their online outlets the only places where Brooks' music will be commercially available.

Brooks, among the all-time best-selling recording artists, retired from performing in 2001.

"We understand the Wal-Mart customer and know that bringing them Garth Brooks exclusives in the upcoming years is something that'll excite them as much as it excites us," said David Porter, vice president and divisional merchandise manager for Wal-Mart, a leading retailer for country music sales.

Brooks' hits include "Friends in Low Places," "Shameless" and "Longneck Bottle."
    Last edited by Jaycint; 08-20-2005 at 11:43 PM.

Turn Off Ads?