Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Brooks Albums to Only Be Sold at Wal-Mart

Re: Brooks Albums to Only Be Sold at Wal-Mart

I personally enjoy older country music and a few of the new "country" songs. I feel that the new "country" is just watered down pop completely contrived in a studio by singers who are just puppets in a cowboy hat. There are a few good country acts but for the most part just listen to 5 year old pop music and you will get basically the same sound as new "country" music. I often times think that Hank, Johnny, Ernest, and Mr. Acuff would roll in their graves if they heard some of the music that passes for country these days.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia
    There are a few good country acts but for the most part just listen to 5 year old pop music and you will get basically the same sound as new "country" music.
    And we can probably thank Mutt Lange for that. He brought the Foreigner/Def Leppard sound to "country" music ten years ago when he produced his wife's CD.

Country seems to have run in cycles over the past 25 years. Kenny Rogers and others brought us country pop in the early 80s, and then the album sales hit rock bottom by 1985. Then the traditionalists like Randy Travis, Mark Chesnutt, Clint Black, and Alan Jackson came on the scene and ignited the revolution that sent country album sales through the roof and sold out arenas coast-to-coast in the early 90s. The current wave of country pop will run its course soon enough, and then Nashville will come calling for a new generation of traditionalists.

Oh, and speaking of "puppets in cowboy hats", that has and always has been such a joke. Most of the current acts were teetering between a career in a pop music boy band and "country" music. "Country" was where they got their break, so they popped on hat and they were all set. It's nauseating watching some of these guys pretending to be cowboys or country or whatever it is that they are supposing to be.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Turn Off Ads?