Turn Off Ads?
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: when good threads go bad; Woman cuts open pregnant...

  1. #1
    Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    4,138

    when good threads go bad; Woman cuts open pregnant...

    Quote Originally Posted by Catch22
    You can't go around cutting babies out of other people.
    Not without their consent anyway.

    /runs away and hides

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Mod Law zombie-a-go-go's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Miskatonic University
    Posts
    4,302

    Re: Woman cuts open pregnant woman and steals baby; internet msg board helps solve cr

    Quote Originally Posted by gonelong
    Not without their consent anyway.

    /runs away and hides
    I suppose you have a good reason for bringing this dead thread back onto the board with your comment, right? That the above comment is, perhaps, going to stimulate intelligent conversation about this case which nobody has felt the need to talk about for the last eight months, right?

    Perhaps you'd like to explain to me why you felt the need to make this comment.

    But I already know the answer. You're just a troublemaker, lacking the intelligence or cognitive thought processes necessary to take part in the conversations of the hour, which really burns you. In other words, you're stupid, and a jerk to boot.

    Care to refute this?
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

  4. #3
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    42,709

    Re: Woman cuts open pregnant woman and steals baby; internet msg board helps solve cr

    Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go
    Care to refute this?
    I will.

    What's your problem that a PM couldn't handle this?

    As a mod I find your tone equally troubling.

  5. #4
    Mod Law zombie-a-go-go's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Miskatonic University
    Posts
    4,302

    Re: Woman cuts open pregnant woman and steals baby; internet msg board helps solve cr

    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    I will.

    What's your problem that a PM couldn't handle this?

    As a mod I find your tone equally troubling.
    You're not really refuting anything, though, you're bringing up a seperate issue.

    And that's okay. As are your concerns.

    My problems, anyway, are myriad.

    EDIT: I didn't really answer the question. So here it is - I don't wish to treat a mewling brat baby with the same respect I would treat an adult. Or in other words, what you give, you recieve.
    Last edited by zombie-a-go-go; 08-23-2005 at 10:52 AM.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

  6. #5
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    42,709

    Re: Woman cuts open pregnant woman and steals baby; internet msg board helps solve crime

    You're not really refuting anything, though, you're bringing up a seperate issue.
    I'm not being rude either.

    But you were.

    BTW I've seen you close threads and ban folks for less actions than your attack on GL, who BTW is a quality poster... who now deserves an apology from you.

  7. #6
    Mod Law zombie-a-go-go's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Miskatonic University
    Posts
    4,302

    Re: Woman cuts open pregnant woman and steals baby; internet msg board helps solve crime

    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    I'm not being rude either.

    But you were.

    BTW I've seen you close threads and ban folks for less actions than your attack on GL, who BTW is a quality poster... who now deserves an apology from you.
    I was rude, you're right.

    I disagree with you, however; I don't find the post he made in this thread to be "quality" - well, it is of a quality, but not a positive one.

    And I stand by my comments.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

  8. #7
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    42,709

    Re: Woman cuts open pregnant woman and steals baby; internet msg board helps solve cr

    Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go
    I was rude, you're right.

    I disagree with you, however; I don't find the post he made in this thread to be "quality" - well, it is of a quality, but not a positive one.

    And I stand by my comments.
    Then ding him... like the rep system asks you to.

    Don't attack like a 10 year old boy having a bad day.

    I expect more from mods and I suspect the rest of us do too.

  9. #8
    Mod Law zombie-a-go-go's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Miskatonic University
    Posts
    4,302

    Re: Woman cuts open pregnant woman and steals baby; internet msg board helps solve cr

    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Then ding him... like the rep system asks you to.

    Don't attack like a 10 year old boy having a bad day.

    I expect more from mods and I suspect the rest of us do too.
    You're right - my mistake was, it looks like, in expecting people to act like adults. I should know better by now; the pull of the LCD in action. Witness it here!
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

  10. #9
    Administrator Boss-Hog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    6,074

    Re: when good threads go bad; Woman cuts open pregnant...

    This matter has been internally addressed.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25