Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: UC to Huggins: Resign or be fired

Re: UC to Huggins: Resign or be fired

haha awesome paintmered. Zimpher is smoke and mirrors bigtime, she's a politician that is losing the pr battle.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sham

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered
    Actually no. That distinction belongs to her predicessor, Dr. Joseph Steger. All the construction occurring on campus is a result of his actions.
    Not what I heard, and not what the board of trustees thinks, clearly. What you guys think means nothing, sorry to break it to you.

Sham you are clueless. You think the board of trustees wouldn't know it's Steger? You are wrong, quit while you are ahead. It was Steger.

Donors step to the plate

as UC goes to work on Varsity Village
    by John Bach

Green was certainly the color of the day inside Shoemaker Center March 17, 2003, and not only because it was St. Patrick's Day.

University officials accepted $10 million in cash from Fifth Third Bank that morning for the construction of Varsity Village, a week to the day after Richard Lindner committed $10.2 million to the same cause.

" We are doing this on every Monday or Tuesday," joked UC President Joseph Steger, in acceptance. "We need to find somebody for next week."

Though a third million-dollar Monday did not materialize, the athletics department is still well on its way toward an $80.3 million enhancement of its athletics complex, a move, officials say, will position all 18 varsity sports among the nation's elite. Some of the features of the project, which started in April, include an eight-story athletics center, a relocated baseball stadium, a tennis center and a renovated track and soccer venue.

In recognition of Lindner's generosity, the largest gift from an individual to one project in the university's history, UC's new complex will be named the Richard E. Lindner Varsity Village, and the new athletics center, the centerpiece of Varsity Village, will be named the Richard E. Lindner Center. Lindner is president of REL Group, a Greater Cincinnati-based holding company, and is former owner of the Thriftway supermarket chain.

The new facility will be the second on campus to bear the Lindner name. The first was the College of Business' Carl H. Lindner Hall, named after Richard's older brother, who has also given generously to UC.

"The University of Cincinnati is proud to be associated with Richard Lindner, a quiet benefactor who has assisted many worthy programs in the community," Steger said. "The difference this makes in the lives of everybody who comes through here we cannot even estimate."

Sham- Quit telling me what I should and shouldn't think. And quit telling us we don't have input or we have no recourse. We do, watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Sham
    Not what I heard, and not what the board of trustees thinks, clearly.

Varsity Villiage predates Nancy Zimpher. The big donations by Richard Lidner, 5/3 Bank and the Gettler family do as well. As does Mainstreet and Stratford Villiage and the Calhoun Street project.....

http://www.horizons.uc.edu/0703/sports.htm

Steger was still president of UC when that was written.
    Last edited by paintmered; 08-25-2005 at 09:38 PM.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Sham

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    Sham you are clueless. You think the board of trustees wouldn't know it's Steger? You are wrong, quit while you are ahead. It was Steger.
    Yeah, Steger is the man, that's why he is gone and Zimpher can do what she pleases. You are right.

Yeah, Steger is the man, that's why he is gone and Zimpher can do what she pleases. You are right.

Wrong again. Steger retired as president after serving for many years.

Edit: He was president at UC for 19 years.

Sham

Varsity Villiage predates Nancy Zimpher. The big donations by Richard Lidner and 5/3 Bank do as well. As does Mainstreet and Stratford Villiage and the Calhoun Street project.....

http://www.horizons.uc.edu/0703/sports.htm

Steger was still president of UC when that was written.
    Blah, blah, blah. You guys need to ask yourselves why they brought Zimpher here.

Scam is wrong a wee bit more than he is right.

Blah, blah, blah. You guys need to ask yourselves why they brought Zimpher here.
    So anytime someone is hired it's automatically the perfect hire? Try again dude. She was brought her by the trusty bot to use her political bs and increase the brand equity of UC. I have no qualms with that, but being realistic and respecting people at the University should also be her goal. Not firing deans and hiring them with people that can't even practice in the state of Ohio. And certainly not disrespecting Bob Huggins and every athlete that has ever played for him. Nancy Zimpher is all smoke and mirrors, she cared nothing about the UC basketball program. She did this because of bogus reputation instead of fighting to defeat that bogus reputation. She wants a baseline 22 act for entrance into a public university. Nothing she does makes sense, nothing Phil Cox or the BOT does for that matter. Phil Cox wants UC in Clifton to be Duke or Stanford lol. There is nothing wrong with dreaming big, hell I want to play in the NBA. But dreams must equal some semblence of reality.
    Last edited by Cedric; 08-25-2005 at 09:15 PM.

Sham

Scam is wrong a wee bit more than he is right.
    Like when I said the board supports her? Hey you guys can point to the fact that Varsity village was started before she got here but you can't discount the funds she has raised for the project.
    Last edited by Sham; 08-25-2005 at 09:17 PM.

Are you serious? Of course the bot supports her or he wouldn't be fired. The Reds won today, and they lost yesterday. That means I'm right twice. Gee I'm a genius!

So anytime someone is hired it's automatically the perfect hire?
    If I remember correctly to when she was hired, she had a resume that would have made even me take a long look at her.

Ego and flawed ambition are hard to find on a resume though.

Sham

Are you serious? Of course the bot supports her or he wouldn't be fired. The Reds won today, and they lost yesterday. That means I'm right twice. Gee I'm a genius!
    And exactly why does the BOT support her? Like it or not, she is a dynamic personality who knows how to run a University.

If I remember correctly to when she was hired, she had a resume that would have made even me take a long look at her.
    Oh no doubt. Many times in life the wrong people are gonna have the right qualifications. Sometimes you make the wrong call.

Turn Off Ads?