Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: UC to Huggins: Resign or be fired

Re: UC to Huggins: Resign or be fired

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan
    I'd think that if anyone could spell "acquitted", it would be a UC basketball fan.
    I'm at work and have to type things when nobody is looking, spelling be damned.
    Pessimists are well informed optimists

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan
    As well as the DUI arrests, domestic abuse charges, weapons and drug charges, horrendous graduation rates...

There are plenty of other schools that accomplish the same things that Huggins has accomplished.

Some of them even manage to do it with kids and coaches who stay out of jail and earn degrees.
    If a coach is to be held accountable for recruiting "bad eggs" and for the trouble they make, shouldn't he or she also be held accountable for the "good kids" he recruits and their accomplishments?
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Now for the part to infuriate UC fans(if this alone doesnt do it).

There was heavy speculation that Cincinnati HS'ers OJ Mayo(no 1 in the class of 2007), Bill Walker(top 5), and Keenan Ellis(top 20) were looking to attend UC. The reason-Bob Huggins. Those three would have given the Bearcats a counter to the Thad Five at Ohio State and would have brought life to Ohio basketball like never before.

Im a UK fan, but Nancy Zimpher has not only cost UC one of the best coaches in college basketball, but probably the best chance the Bearcats had of reaching the Final Four since Kenyon Martin.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    If a coach is to be held accountable for recruiting "bad eggs" and for the trouble they make, shouldn't he or she also be held accountable for the "good kids" he recruits and their accomplishments?
    He doesn't get that treatment. He never has. :thumbdown

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    someone said Wright State was going to fire Biancardi ... that's interesting....

Bob needs to take a year off and recharge the batteries. Then take over in Louisville when Pitino decides he needs to retire. Or Kentucky when Tubby gets the axe.

From the "Hindsight is 20-20 department" - Boy, isn't he wishing he took the West Virginia job.......
    Tubby Smith is not getting fired anytime soon. If he does, there will be similar outcry in the Bluegrass State to go along with what is going on in the Queen City right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    15fan. There is plenty of good research done out there that showed that Huggins was doing fine in graduating players. A lot of the problems were because Juco's skewed grad rates. In the last five years Huggins has done a tremendous job graduating players. And about the criminal element it's a shame but it's the risk you take in recruiting big time athletes at the college level. Should Tubby be fired? Or Tressel? It happens at almost every university but Duke. UC get's a bad rap because of the juco kids and the skewed grad rates and the way Huggins looks on the court. Way it is.
    But the fact remains that he doesn't have a full bench of scholarship players. He's allowed 13 scholarships but he generally has less than 10 on the bench. I think he ended last year with about 7 or 8. This leaves him shorthanded and lacking depth like last year vs Ky.

Press Conference at 6:00

Here is a link to the letter that was sent to Richard Katz, the agent for Bob Huggins: http://cincinnati.scout.com/2/428193.html It's an interesting read. If what the letter states is accurate, Huggins has been negotiating his departure for months:

I think we would both agree that these negotiations have gone on far too long. Mr. Huggins has clearly expressed, through you, his desire to move in another direction. The University, too, wishes to move on to the future in its Men's Basketball program.
    The letter seems to hint that Huggins was set on leaving for a while. His announcement that he would finish out his contract may have been a ploy to get a better buyout from the university. It's a shame all around. No one comes out of this one looking good.

edit: looks like a link to this was posted earlier in pdf form.

Nancy Zimpher looks like Shirley McLaine
    Pots and Kettles

Watching this press conference is making me sick. Nancy wants UC to become Duke 2.0, she's in a dreamworld.
    Pessimists are well informed optimists

Your killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

What I have to say is childish, and immature. I shall keep my comments to myself.

I am not a happy Bearcat fan.
    "And the fact that watching him pitch is like having someone poop on your soul." FCB on Gary Majewski

I was forced to listen to this same crap from Zimpher when I went to school there; she's only gotten worse since I've graduated.
    Barry Larkin - HOF, 2012

Put an end to the Lost Decade.

She is full of caca, isn't she?
    Pots and Kettles

This is a bunch of crap

She's done nothing but insult the students and the faculty since the day she stepped foot on campus.

I'm ashamed my tuition dollars go to her paycheck.
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Turn Off Ads?