Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Graves DFA might retire!!!!!!

Re: Graves DFA might retire!!!!!!

Sometimes I think Hal's judgment of a player is clouded by his feelings for them.
    Sometimes?

All the time is more like it.

Marty too.

The mid 60's Phillies has a press corp theat followed them around and focused on the "personalities" of teh clubhouse and not the game. Since it was the nid 60's and Richie Allen was on the team the issue of race was a constant insertion in their stories.

Allen called them the "Chipmunk" reporters, because they were always scurring around.

The Reds have somewhat of the same situation, the "older" writers and announcers tend to talk of personaities and the companionship they provide to each other and the link to the magic past... whether it's BRM or 1999.

Meanwhile balls roll to the wall behind the laughter about listener emails and Hals stories of hating the road.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Graves now with a 36.0ERA with 2 game in the minors.

I like Danny Graves. He's a legitimate good guy.
    Hope he gets everything straigthened out.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBurn
    I like Danny Graves. He's a legitimate good guy.
    Hope he gets everything straigthened out.
    Yeah, he was especially nice in his comments about Kentuckians and West Virginians (who play a not insignificant amount as to the # of ppl. at GABP).

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

i just dont get the infatuation with a guy who no longer pitchers for the reds...whatever floats your boat i suppose...
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Turn Off Ads?