Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Microsoft announces price for XBOX 360

Re: Microsoft announces price for XBOX 360

My oldest boy wants one. By the looks of the cost - he better start a 401K, cause Dad ain't buying him one. He better start believing in Santa then.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?
    So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Here is a link to an article that really breaks them down in comparison. Best on the topic I've seen. Be forewarned it's long and full of megaflitzes,terazixels and other stuff goobers like me need to know.

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2453&p=1
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Revolution's controller is supposed to be aweosme, and confirmed wireless.

The downloadable old games is an awesome feature IMO. Some n64 games that suffered from a poor framerate (GoldenEye, Perfect Dark) are even gonna have an advanced mode which allows for better graphics on the classics.

So...total backward compatiblity = Amazing. Plus, online SMASH BROTHERS.

redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

Meh, I'm surprised Nintento hasn't gone software-only like Sega yet (I believe there were rumors that they were considering it a couple years ago). Their console sales have been atrocious (and with good reason imho). They just don't have the library to stay competative. Seriously, the last Nintendo system I owned was the SNES. These are the few games I'd actually be willing to pay for to play;

N64

Link games
    Mario Kart 64
    Smash Bros

Gamecube

Link games
    Mario Kart Double Dash
    Smash Bros

Revolution

Link games
    Mario Kart whatever
    Smash Bros

Notice a pattern? Nintendo doesn't market very many games towards people in my age group (I'm 20) anymore. There certainly are other titles I'd be interested in playing, but they're available on other systems.

The XBox is in a similar situation with me. They do market games for people like me, but they still don't have enough to get me to buy their system. I love playing Halo and Fable (and Jade Empire. I'm hoping it gets released for PCs soon) but other than that they really don't have anything to make it worth my money.

The Playstation, on the other hand, has a huge library of games. I loves me the console RPGs, so there really is no competition between the Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft. I've given up on baseball games since High Heat died. The PS also has great stuff like the Metal Gear series.

Honestly though, for the prices these consoles are starting at, I'll probably just stick with the new pretty high end computer I just built for around $900.

Does anyone know when the Nintendo Revolution is coming out?
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD
    Does anyone know when the Nintendo Revolution is coming out?
    Full specifications and details on the system and controller as well as the price for the final product will be unveiled between September 16th and 18th, 2005 at the upcoming Tokyo Games Show.

--Thanks to Wikipedia
    Go Gators!

Thanks Krono, I was thinking about getting a Revolution for my kids this Christmas.. From my limited knowledge, it seemed like a good young kids' game console (since it has all the old Nintendo games available).
    The wireless controllers are nice too, since there won't be any more wires for Dad to repair after extended use.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Turn Off Ads?