Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Marshall defeats Texas in Orange Bowl

Marshall defeats Texas in Orange Bowl

I read in my local "Wayne County News" that Marshall's football team is featured in an upcoming film that will premiere at next year's Sundance Film Festival. "Dirt Nap" pits the Thundering Herd against the Texas Longhorns in the Orange Bowl.
    The film stars Ed Harris, John McGinley, Paul Hipp and D.B. Sweeney, who co-wrote and directed the film. It's about three men in the midst of a midlife crisis on a roadtrip from Pittsburgh to Miami to see the game.
    Keith Spears of Marshall stated that: "The way this came about is that D.B. Sweeney apparently has been enamored with the Marshall football story, the comeback and everything," referring to the 1970 plane crash that killed 75 Herd players, coaches and supporters.
    In the current script, Marshall wins the game, but filmmakers have yet to decide whether the game's result will be included in the final cut. Co-producer Jim Scura said: "If we get to the end of the game, it will be Marshall. Regardless, I can guarantee that Marshall doesn't lose the game."
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Marshall defeats Texas in Orange Bowl

We can dream, can't we?

I think this movie will not make a lot of money in the Austin, TX area. Although it might do very well in College Station, Lubbock and Waco.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Texas, lose a big game? NAH
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    I think this movie will not make a lot of money in the Austin, TX area. Although it might do very well in College Station, Lubbock and Waco.
    It should do very well in Huntington, WV, but probably won't do nearly as well in Morgantown, either.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red
    Only if Mack Brown is the coach
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?