Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All of Columbus rejoices

Re: All of Columbus rejoices

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan
    Maurice Clarett thought he was entitled to the same kinds of money and recognition as his buddy Lebron James. Think again Mo.
    Pity he didn't have the chance to do like LeBron did. But that's a separate issue.

If I were the Columbus team of the AFL, I'd sign him just so people could come out and boo him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?
    RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19
    Eh - he had three quarters of a good season that were cut short because he was frail. I'm not convinced that wouldn't have continued if he would have kept his nose clean. We would have heard the uber hype with him every year, while he played 6-7 games putting up above average numbers.
    I agree with some of that, but since defending Clarett too much makes me feel alternately dirty and queasy, I'll resist the temptation to explain which parts.
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted
    I agree with some of that, but since defending Clarett too much makes me feel alternately dirty and queasy, I'll resist the temptation to explain which parts.
    I feel the same way. I hate defending the guy but he was a truly awesome football player. He had determination and vision that isn't matched by many Rb's at that age. He also was a very smart player on the field, surprisingly enough.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

For a Level Playing Field

Oh well. You made your bed (casket?), now you lie in it. The only bit of sympathy I feel for him is that wealth of stupidity and bad influence that he calls mother. Most will remember that stupid lady. Obviously she is a big part of his life. She never did the right thing IMO. She helped lead him down the path that he took. A free college education? Why would any mother, who could never in her life afford to pay for it, want her son to get a college education? Stupid, stupid, stupid. Momma wanted a chunk of the money too. Now there isn't anything. Way to go, Momma. You are a sad excuse for a parent.

I still stand by one thing I have said since that win over Miami of Florida. He won that game. When Sean Taylor intercepted a Craig Krenzel pass near the goal line and returned it 20 yards... Clarett ripped the ball out of Taylor's hands and recovered the fumble. OSU's offense got the ball back and scored. That play IMO was the key play of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966

I still stand by one thing I have said since that win over Miami of Florida. He won that game. When Sean Taylor intercepted a Craig Krenzel pass near the goal line and returned it 20 yards... Clarett ripped the ball out of Taylor's hands and recovered the fumble. OSU's offense got the ball back and scored. That play IMO was the key play of the game.
    Yep, absolutely right, if the Bucks don't have Clarett that year, they don't win the national championship. Whether against Miami or the entire year, he added the running element to the offense that let them control the ball and allowed Krenzel to be so effective.

I will give Maurice credit for that sensational play in the Fiesta Bowl when, following a Craig Krenzel interception, Clarett chased the defender down the sideline and stripped the ball back. It completely negated what would have been a game-changing turnover and led to a Buckeyes TD.

And his performance in the scUM game that year, particularly when he took Tressell aside and called a pass play down the left sideline that set up an OSU TD.

For those plays I am very thankful. Unfortunately Maurice's big mouth got in the way of his football skills.

Turn Off Ads?