Turn Off Ads?

Thread: FFball ? Protect TATUM BELL or NATE BURLESON?

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

FFball ? Protect TATUM BELL or NATE BURLESON?

I'm in a league where you can only keep one player from the previous year, but it has to be someone you drafted between rounds 10-20.

My top choices:

Tatum Bell
    Nate Burleson

I was all set on Bell, now with anderson being named the starter, I'm not so sure. The league is somewhere between a 25/75 and 50/50 (TD/YDS) scoring format.

Thanks for any advice.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: FFball ? Protect TATUM BELL or NATE BURLESON?

Burleson... for this year at least.

Not Laughing

Burleson, Mike Anderson is getting the starting nod on Denver...
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
    ~Oscar Wilde

got alil captain in u?

burleson he'll be the go to man with moss gone

Definitely Burleson

Tatum Bell. Just because I wanted to be different.

But really, Burleson has the potential, but don't rule out the fact that Williamson and Wiggins are there.

With Bell, anderson may be the starter, but Bell will see action.

At this point, go with Burleson.

Does anyone think Culpepper (without Moss) could be somewhat of a bust this year?

I ask, because I have the 8th pick (10 team league) and I'm pretty sure I already know who will go 1-6.

1. Tomlinson
    2. Manning
    3. Alexander
    4. Holmes
    5. McGahee or James
    6. McGahee or James

I'm thinking I could take Culpepper, Moss, or a RB at #8. If I take DC, I'd have him with Burleson and I could always take a RB at pick #13 (Dillon, Lewis, D.Davis, etc.).

Question. Does anyone think it's crazy to take DC?

What about Moss?

And if I take a RB there, who do you take?

I want Stephen Jackson, but #13 may be a little bit of a reach and I know for sure a back like that won't be around in round three for me at #28.

I think it's real important for me to get RB's at #8 and #13, but DC and Moss may be too tempting at #8.

Thoughts?

Oh yes, one more thing. Does anyone other than me feel a bit guilty that I'm concerned over this (fantasy football) with all that is going on down in NO?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg
    Does anyone think Culpepper (without Moss) could be somewhat of a bust this year?

I ask, because I have the 8th pick (10 team league) and I'm pretty sure I already know who will go 1-6.

1. Tomlinson
    2. Manning
    3. Alexander
    4. Holmes
    5. McGahee or James
    6. McGahee or James

I'm thinking I could take Culpepper, Moss, or a RB at #8. If I take DC, I'd have him with Burleson and I could always take a RB at pick #13 (Dillon, Lewis, D.Davis, etc.).

Question. Does anyone think it's crazy to take DC?

What about Moss?

And if I take a RB there, who do you take?

I want Stephen Jackson, but #13 may be a little bit of a reach and I know for sure a back like that won't be around in round three for me at #28.

I think it's real important for me to get RB's at #8 and #13, but DC and Moss may be too tempting at #8.

Thoughts?

Oh yes, one more thing. Does anyone other than me feel a bit guilty that I'm concerned over this (fantasy football) with all that is going on down in NO?
    I was in a fantasy league and someone did just that. Drafted Culpepper and Moss instead of Portis and someone else. I say get the two running backs and hope that Culpepper doesn't blow up again.

Life goes on. I have total sympathy for people all over the world that are poor and have no food daily. It hurts that these people are from the states, but the world is full of pitiful things daily.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Just wrapped mine up. Cedric, had to go with Culpepper. My gut just told me to take him over Moss. The top 6 went just how I thought though. J. Lewis went #7.

20 round draft.

Keeper: Nate Burleson

1. Daunte Culpepper QB (#8)
    2. Domanick Davis RB (#13)
    3. Reggie Wayne WR (#28)
    4. Brian Westbrook RB (#33)
    5. Drew Bennett (#48)
    6. Baltimore Ravens DEF (#53)
    7. Warrick Dunn RB
    8. Larry Johnson RB
    9. Michael Bennett RB
    10. Deion Branch WR
    11. T.J. Duckett RB
    12. Mewelde Moore RB
    13. Ryan Moats RB
    14. David Givens WR
    15. Travis Taylor WR
    16. Brian Griese QB
    17 Kevin Curtis WR
    18. Matt Stover K
    19 Verand Morency RB
    20. David Patten WR

It was hard for me to take D.Davis over Stephen Jackson at #13. I just didn't want to overdraft Jackson, but I feel like I really let one slip by there. I took one kicker and one defense realizing I'll have to pick one up of each in week three when Stover and Balt D have a bye. I'll probably drop two of Givens, Patten, and T.Taylor. I just wanted to see what these three could do the first few weeks of the season and I'm taking advantage the fact that pickups (for some reason) are free.

Well, as you see from my draft night roster, my team ended up pretty weak. However, due to Larry Johnson, I snuck into the playoffs last week and Baltimore's D in the last 17 seconds of MNF helped me cheese out a semi-final win.

I now will go for the title.

Thank goodness for Larry Johnson.

By the way, I have gotten this far with a QB platoon of Brad Johnson and Chris Simms. Smoke and mirrors.

Turn Off Ads?