Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: REDS all alone in 4th

REDS all alone in 4th

Dodgers beat the Cubs 9-6, Reds have a half game lead over the Cubs for forth place. Reds travel to Houston and the Pirates visit the Brewers. GO Bucs! Third place after the start this team had would be a good start for next season. Get a couple of starters and the Reds could be a contender.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: REDS all alone in 4th

Quote Originally Posted by NavyRedsFan
    Dodgers beat the Cubs 9-6, Reds have a half game lead over the Cubs for forth place. Reds travel to Houston and the Pirates visit the Brewers. GO Bucs! Third place after the start this team had would be a good start for next season. Get a couple of starters and the Reds could be a contender.
    people are getting really excited about our recent success, but i have a feeling we will be brought back to reality in houston and atlanta. houston we have a shot cause they suck scoring runs, but not atlanta, imo. if we go 2-4 or 3-3 ill be extremely happy

got alil captain in u?

nice to be in 4th place anything but 5th or 6th we've been there enough lately

Quote Originally Posted by RDriesen16
    people are getting really excited about our recent success, but i have a feeling we will be brought back to reality in houston and atlanta. houston we have a shot cause they suck scoring runs, but not atlanta, imo. if we go 2-4 or 3-3 ill be extremely happy
    Marty said on the radio Sunday that we will miss Clemens and Smoltz in the rotation the next six games. If this is the case I see us going 4-2! Go Bucs!
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster
    Marty said on the radio Sunday that we will miss Clemens and Smoltz in the rotation the next six games. If this is the case I see us going 4-2! Go Bucs!
    we get oswalt and petitt in houston. thats a tough 2 right there. then who do we get in atlanta?

The Reds have defeated the teams that they should defeat lately. Will the real Reds please stand up. If Jerry Narron's Reds the second half of the season are the real Reds then the winning we've enjoyed lately is what SOME people expected from this team after the off-season spending spree. The 27-43 Reds of Dave Miley was an abbration and with a contending team, we should expect at least a 3-3 record against Houston and Atlanta. At the start of the season I never expected the Reds to be as bad as they were. With better starting pitching and a steady bullpen, without sacrificing too much offense then next season should be very exciting in Cincinnati.

Yep, pretty neat! lol
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

The Cubbies looking up at us.Its a beautifull thing I tell ya.
    The Hunt for a Reds October.

"So Fla Red"

Not even alphabetical order saves the little bears tonight

A lot of teams would get whacked in ATL and Hou. Will be a good test for the boys to see if they can sneak back home with a 3-3 road trip finale.

so you're saying we sweep the astros huh?

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

houston we have a shot cause they suck scoring runs, but not atlanta, imo. if we go 2-4 or 3-3 ill be extremely happy
    SInce the all star break, Houston has scored almost as many runs as Atlanta. With berkman getting healthy and productive, they have been a vastly improved offensive team. And they are still getting that great pitching. THey have a similiar record to Atlanta, but, with such a slow start, have been playing much better over the last 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by OldXOhio
    so you're saying we sweep the astros huh?
    I hope 2 out of three and two out of three!
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

I hope 2 out of three and two out of three!
    I guess I'm just a sucker for trends. Until the Reds show an ability to consistently win against ATL, I'll never believe they can go into Turner Field and take 2/3.

we get oswalt and petitt in houston. thats a tough 2 right there. then who do we get in atlanta?
    Oswalt is as close to an automatic loss for the Reds as it gets. I don't consider it any luck that we are "only" facing him. That being said, I would like to see the Reds reel off at least 4 wins in HOU/ATL. If that happens, who knows?

To steal a marketing slogan from the mid 80's: "The Cincinnati Reds.. Gettin' back to fun again!" Sorry, a blast from my past. How many remember that?

Turn Off Ads?