Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bengals Release Warrick

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bengals Release Warrick

http://www.bengals.com/press/news.as...0&news_id=3115

PDub gone and best wishes. Also, Kim Herring is likely out for the season with a shoulder injury, so anyone who can play safety, apply at PBS.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Re: Bengals Release Warrick

Can't say I'm surprised the Bengals cut Warrick. He really can't stay healthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Same here, Chip. It is a position they have so much depth, and cheap depth. I think Chris Henry and Kelly Washington both made the decision easy from a personnel basis. I think the personal basis was the only tough part because PDub has always been a solid citizen for the Bengals.

So, does that mean that T.J. moves up the depth chart?
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis
    So, does that mean that T.J. moves up the depth chart?
    ?? Housh was #2 coming in behind Chad, so there's nowhere for him to go. I think it means you are going to see a lot of Washington and Henry, with a little Walter thrown in for possession type situations. It's too bad, because Dub brought another dimension to the offense with his YAC ability.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    ?? Housh was #2 coming in behind Chad, so there's nowhere for him to go. I think it means you are going to see a lot of Washington and Henry, with a little Walter thrown in for possession type situations. It's too bad, because Dub brought another dimension to the offense with his YAC ability.
    He was always exciting on punt returns...he brought an element that T.J. and CJ simply don't have, even though C.J. was by far the better receiver.

I hadn't realized that T.J. was up to #2, I guess I'm just not paying as much attention now.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

I don't think you can assume Kelley washington has the team made. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tab Perry make it due to his kick returning abilities.

Dub brought another dimension to the offense with his YAC ability.
    He used to.

Almost all of P-Dub's value as a player was in his sick lateral agility and change of direction ability. Outside of those two outstanding attributes, he was a short, slow possession receiver with mediocre hands. IMO, P-Dub's injuries have robbed him of much of that crazy agility and COD ability. We really haven't seen P-Dub exhibit those skills since week 14 of the 2003 season. Without those skills, he really is no better than a 4th or 5th receiver.

I wish him well, but I think he is D-O-N-E.

Ifeanyi Ohalete is a safety released by the Cardinals this week that may be signed to take Herring's spot.

Post To Contact

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic
    Ifeanyi Ohalete is a safety released by the Cardinals this week that may be signed to take Herring's spot.
    Yup, he was signed today. Ohalete is now a Bengal. They also signed Hannibal Navies, LB that was released yesterday. CB Terrell Roberts and OG Kyle Takavitz were also cut today by the Bengals. And Herring is officially on IR now, too.

Wonder if the Warrick releasing frees up enough money to get Corey Simon in the fold?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaycint
    Wonder if the Warrick releasing frees up enough money to get Corey Simon in the fold?
    One of the ESPN talking heads mentioned the Bengals as a possible suitor for Simon. It would be nice if they could get him. He's not really a superstar, but he's solid.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by macro
    One of the ESPN talking heads mentioned the Bengals as a possible suitor for Simon. It would be nice if they could get him. He's not really a superstar, but he's solid.
    Yeah I believe that was Mortenson. I think Simon would really shore up the D - Line and provide great pressure on the qb.

Warrick was one of my favorite Bengals ever since he's been here, and one of my all-time favorite college players.

Sad day for me as a Bengals' fan. Especially after watching our multi-millionaire WR's drop pass after pass the last 3 weeks.

Only thing I can hope for is that they are able to re-sign him at a lower salary somehow...but that's doubtful considering the roster depth at that position. The Bengals could still use him as when healthy he's still better than 3/4's of what's on the roster currently, including TJ.

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack
    Warrick was one of my favorite Bengals ever since he's been here, and one of my all-time favorite college players.

Sad day for me as a Bengals' fan. Especially after watching our multi-millionaire WR's drop pass after pass the last 3 weeks.

Only thing I can hope for is that they are able to re-sign him at a lower salary somehow...but that's doubtful considering the roster depth at that position. The Bengals could still use him as when healthy he's still better than 3/4's of what's on the roster currently, including TJ.
    CrackerJack,

I think its simply that he's not healthy. The 2003 PDub was such a joy to watch, I wish his legs could have held up for him.

As far as the drops, my opinion is that the offense has gotten bit by the lack of competition for jobs and simply not been as focused as they need to be as a result. Say what you will about the character of the guys if true, but I think the poor play will disappear Sept 11 in Browns Stadium.

Turn Off Ads?