Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bengals Release Warrick

Post To Contact

Re: Bengals Release Warrick

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic
    Ifeanyi Ohalete is a safety released by the Cardinals this week that may be signed to take Herring's spot.
    Yup, he was signed today. Ohalete is now a Bengal. They also signed Hannibal Navies, LB that was released yesterday. CB Terrell Roberts and OG Kyle Takavitz were also cut today by the Bengals. And Herring is officially on IR now, too.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Signing those 2 players makes it unlikely they can go after Simon. There just won't be enough money left under the salary cap.

Peerless Price was also cut today.

ATTN: KC Chiefs! Two quality wideouts are available! Quit messing around with Freddie Mitchell and get on the phone!
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Even though it kind of stinks to see him get cut from the team, the Bengals have pretty good depth at wide reciever to replace him.... Im just happy to see that they did what Warrick asked and thats release him today and not on friday. That way he has a little more time to try and get with another team.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red
    Probably would have happened anyway, but Warrick pretty much forced their hand by asking to be cut now and not later.
    Yeah, but I think he knew he was gone. It's a classy move by Lewis to abide his wishes and let him go now. Maybe he ends up somewhere else this way. As for the drop after drop comment, that's always been Pdub's problem. He's great after the catch but I never thought his hands were particularly good.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool

ATTN: KC Chiefs! Two quality wideouts are available! Quit messing around with Freddie Mitchell and get on the phone!
    Also, attention Phily: Let TO get rot on the un-employment line.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

I guess that means he's no longer peerless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Oh what a glorious day that was for P-Dub back in 2003, when he single-handidly put an end to the Chefs misleading 9-0 record with 2 TDs, including an electrifying punt return.

Good luck to Peter Warrick and hopefully he doesn't come back to haunt the Bengals.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    ?? Housh was #2 coming in behind Chad, so there's nowhere for him to go. I think it means you are going to see a lot of Washington and Henry, with a little Walter thrown in for possession type situations. It's too bad, because Dub brought another dimension to the offense with his YAC ability.
    I don't think you can assume Kelley washington has the team made. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tab Perry make it due to his kick returning abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray
    I don't think you can assume Kelley washington has the team made. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tab Perry make it due to his kick returning abilities.
    With the release of Warrick, I imagine they'll both make it.

Post To Contact

They're gonna have six receivers, and that should include Chad Johnson, TJ Houshmanzadeh, Chris Henry, Kelley Washington, and Kevin Walter as five locks. The sixth spot I would guess is up for grabs between Tab Perry, Cliff Russell and Jamall Broussard, who all bring something to the table when it comes to special teams, particularly on returns. I heard something several weeks ago that there was interest in moving T. Perry to TE because they thought he had the body type for it, and they could then keep an extra receiver (in this case, likely either Russell or Broussard). I don't know if there's anything to the Tab-to-TE talk, seeing as how someone who returns kicks usually doesn't profile as a TE. But who knows?

Oh what a glorious day that was for P-Dub back in 2003, when he single-handidly put an end to the Chefs misleading 9-0 record with 2 TDs, including an electrifying punt return.
    I'm a Bengals fan first, Chiefs fan second. I watched that game with my friends, and I was the butt of countless Bengals jokes.

I fell out of my chair laughing when Warrick returned that kick.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    Dub brought another dimension to the offense with his YAC ability.
    He used to.

Almost all of P-Dub's value as a player was in his sick lateral agility and change of direction ability. Outside of those two outstanding attributes, he was a short, slow possession receiver with mediocre hands. IMO, P-Dub's injuries have robbed him of much of that crazy agility and COD ability. We really haven't seen P-Dub exhibit those skills since week 14 of the 2003 season. Without those skills, he really is no better than a 4th or 5th receiver.

I wish him well, but I think he is D-O-N-E.

Well P-Dub signed a 1yr 1.4 million dollar deal with the Seahawks ESPN just reported. Best of luck to him, I hope he can recapture some of the magic he had in his college days and occassionally flashed as a Bengal. If nothing else Peter gave all of us Bengals fans that magical day against the Chiefs in 2003, I'll always remember him fondly for that.

Turn Off Ads?