Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gas Prices Skyrocket

Re: Gas Prices Skyrocket

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life
    The spike of gas today has NOTHING to do with the President; it's thanks to a perfect storm situation in a region that serves at the major import station for this country. Oil will be released from the strategic reserves to help reduce shortages. I know you'll try your hardest to somehow blame this on the President, but it ain't his fault.
    What exacty has the President done to protect the major import station in this country? Clue: There's a thread on it in this forum.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBloodedAmerican
    What exacty has the President done to protect the major import station in this country? Clue: There's a thread on it in this forum.
    What did Bill Clinton do?

Seriously, this isn't a political debate, and trying to make it one is pathetic.
    Pessimists are well informed optimists

Seriously, this isn't a political debate, and trying to make it one is pathetic.
    I must of missed it when he cut New Orleans budget for Hurricane planning and protection.

Gas prices became a politcal volleyball in the late '70s. As a general rule, politicians get to claim the good and the bad that happens on their watch. Bush has got runaway gas prices on his watch, so that's a demerit on his permanent record. The higher they go, the bigger the demerit.

Jimmy Carter got shagged by gas prices too. It wasn't his fault per se (though OPEC made us pay dearly for the Camp David Accords), but it was his cross to bear.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBloodedAmerican
    I must of missed it when he cut New Orleans budget for Hurricane planning and protection.
    And if John Kerry/ Al Gore did the same thing, Republican Hawks would probably point the fingers as well.

Political parties aside, it simply too easy to point fingers at the top. I would hope instead of bellyaching folks can find solutions instead of screaming about the problems.

If you have a solution, call your congressman. Organize grass-roots movements. Donate time and money to organizations that you share beliefs.

Its too easy to complain on an internet forum.

This topic is going nowhere fast. (kinda like the labor day traffic this weekend)
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    And if John Kerry/ Al Gore did the same thing, Republican Hawks would probably point the fingers as well.

Political parties aside, it simply too easy to point fingers at the top. I would hope instead of bellyaching folks can find solutions instead of screaming about the problems.

If you have a solution, call your congressman. Organize grass-roots movements. Donate time and money to organizations that you share beliefs.

Its too easy to complain on an internet forum.

This topic is going nowhere fast. (kinda like the labor day traffic this weekend)
    Great. I do donate time and money. To various causes. Can I also have a political opinion? Should I keep my hands folded on my desk and sit quietly? Trust me I write Congresspeople. Can I not point out the fact that this president has done nothing in the face of oil prices except not pressure any oil companies to build new refineries?

Or should I wait on you to tell me when I can and can't have opinions?

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

CNN just showed footage of gas stations with huge lines in the Atlanta area, saying the prices were being reported at well over $4.00 per gallon in some Atlanta area stations.

Shortage fears are running rampant.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    CNN just showed footage of gas stations with huge lines in the Atlanta area, saying the prices were being reported at well over $4.00 per gallon in some Atlanta area stations.

Shortage fears are running rampant.
    Then theres going to be panicking and then violence.

Is everybody finished flinging their political dung? Because for once, I'd really like to see you all stop this crap.

It's silly, it's childish and all of you are capable of better.
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Yes yes, we all know that if John Kerry were in the White House and Democrats had control in Washington, gas would be about $0.79/gallon right now and Hurricane Katrina would have shifted harmlessly into the Atlantic a week ago.

It's absolutely amazing. Leave it to the resident lefties on this board to turn absolutely EVERYTHING into a Bush-bashing session. Everyone is frustrated by gas prices. Everyone is mourning the loss of thousands of Americans. Everyone is worried about what will be behind rebuilding one of America's most important cities. Let's give the politics a rest already!

Reds4Life - Don't even bother trying to refute some of those outlandish claims. There are 2 or 3 people on here that have such seething HATRED toward Republicans and the president that they can brush off this country's worst natural disaster in history in favor of more partisan bashing. We've heard it for too long and anything (really anything) is another excuse for them to spew their venom. Honestly, I don't think Osama bin Laden or Saddam Hussein hates Bush as much as certain posters on here.
    Last edited by Reds/Flyers Fan; 08-31-2005 at 06:16 PM.

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan
    Yes yes, we all know that if John Kerry were in the White House and Democrats had control in Washington, gas would be about $0.79/gallon right now and Hurricane Katrina would have shifted harmlessly into the Atlantic a week ago.

It's absolutely amazing. Leave it to the resident lefties on this board to turn absolutely EVERYTHING into a Bush-bashing session. Everyone is frustrated by gas prices. Everyone is mourning the loss of thousands of Americans. Everyone is worried about what will be behind rebuilding one of America's most important cities. Let's give the politics a rest already!

Reds4Life - Don't even bother trying to refute some of those outlandish claims. There are 2 or 3 people on here that have such seething HATRED toward Republicans and the president that they can brush off this country's worst natural disaster in history in favor of more partisan bashing. We've heard it for too long and anything (really anything) is another excuse for them to spew their venom. Honestly, I don't think Osama bin Laden or Saddam Hussein hates Bush as much as certain posters on here.
    How's the high horse treatin' ya?

Wait until the winter when home heating oil prices shoot through the roof. My neck of the country tends to go ballistic over that one.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    How's the high horse treatin' ya?
    Pot to kettle: You're black

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    Wait until the winter when home heating oil prices shoot through the roof. My neck of the country tends to go ballistic over that one.
    No kidding. But I want you to keep quiet about it. Because fuel prices have nothing to do with political policy.

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan
    Pot to kettle: You're black
    Wait. You can't call me out. You're above it all.

Turn Off Ads?