Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: RZ Fund for one of our own

RZ Fund for one of our own

A couple folks have PMed me recently wondering what they could do for SandyD who's been effected greatly by Katrina.

I'd gladly collect any donations and forward them to her.

She'll tell you she's doing O.K. and she safely evacuated. Her months ahead will be difficult and full of questions. I wish there were more I can do for her.

A few bucks should help her and her family with the everyday essentials like gas, clothes, food, etc.

If you're interested, PM me. I'll send you my address. I'll make sure everything gets to her.

Sandy - please don't poo poo me on this. It isn't up to you. This is something we would like to do.
    Last edited by TeamCasey; 08-31-2005 at 04:18 PM.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: RZ Fund for one of our own

I talked to Sandy the past two nights. I already respected her big time for her baseball knowledge and intelligence. But listening to her talk about what's going on back in New Orleans has increased that respect exponentially. Not a single word of complaint about herself or what's happened to her. Not one whimper. She left her car in a parking garage, and wouldn't even fill up the tank because she thought it would take away from someone needing gas to evacuate. Now she may not have enough gas to make it out herself when she can get back, that is if her car isn't destroyed by now.

She was worried about the people and the city, not one word about herself, and she's probably lost everything she owns. Not one word of complaint.

The world needs more people like Sandy. You're damn right I want to help her.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Thanks for stickying this.

My PM box may be full by morning. I'll try to keep it cleaned out.

You guys rock!
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Future Reds All Star

I'm in

For all of you that have met her...you know what a special person she is

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

TC - would you guys be willing to do Pay Pal?

I know that others may have the same question

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19
    TC - would you guys be willing to do Pay Pal?

I know that others may have the same question
    As I mentioned to TC, PayPal would be more convenient for me, but I'll also be happy to send a check.

Time is the Revelator.

I can do paypal right now, however - a check will have to wait til next week.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Plus,if there was a Paypal account that Sandy had access to she would receive any funds quicker.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Please post a paypal address. I'm ready to help.

Hi Paypalers!

I've recruited a helper for this. For those of you who would rather go the paypal route, please PM TeamMorris. She's one of my roommates and much more Paypal savvy. She said she'd be happy to do that, and even suggested it before I started getting responses.

PayPal - PM TeamMorris

Cash or check - PM me.

It would be great if you would include your Redszone names either way. I'll put a nice card together. (For you shy ones, anonymous is cool too. )

I'm in. I'll PM TeamMorris right now.

Thanks for bring this up TC
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

How about everyone changes their signatures to like the one I got? I went overboard on the font, but I don't care.

Future Reds All Star

Quote Originally Posted by RedBloodedAmerican
    How about everyone changes their signatures to like the one I got? I went overboard on the font, but I don't care.
    Good idea RBA! Never had a signature because I couldn't think of a good one. That is a good one
    Last edited by TeamMorris; 08-31-2005 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamMorris
    I'm in

For all of you that have met her...you know what a special person she is
    I'll try my sig

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

I'm in, too. Thanks for coordinating, Teamsters.
    /r/reds

Turn Off Ads?