Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RZ Fund for one of our own

Future Reds All Star

Re: RZ Fund for one of our own

Is it possible to get this on the baseball side also I know it's not baseball related but many on the baseball side don't check non-baseball threads. If not I think we should go over there and post the link to this thread in every thread going

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by TeamMorris
    Is it possible to get this on the baseball side also I know it's not baseball related but many on the baseball side don't check non-baseball threads. If not I think we should go over there and post the link to this thread in every thread going
    I think that's a good idea. I can't imagine what SandyD is going through right now.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

BTW - all your guy's sigs, with the exception of RBA - doesn't work

Yep, it cut out the middle
    Last edited by KronoRed; 09-01-2005 at 02:33 AM.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by TeamMorris
    I made a thread yesterday on Reds Live that directs folks to this one. All the ORG members read either there or here. I don't think we need one on all three.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Future Reds All Star

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19
    BTW - all your guy's sigs, with the exception of RBA - doesn't work
    Hummm...wonder why

We are doing pretty good on my end guys!! Keep em coming

I'll fix the signatures that don't work. The problem is that you can't drag and copy and paste the URL because it's truncated to save space (see the ... in the URL). You have to right click and select 'copy shortcut' and then paste the URL.

This will work well. I won't wait for mail contributions to come in. I'll send her funds from Paypal first and another check later.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Future Reds All Star

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog
    I'll fix the signatures that don't work. The problem is that you can't drag and copy and paste the URL because it's truncated to save space (see the ... in the URL). You have to right click and select 'copy shortcut' and then paste the URL.
    Ah...Ok.

Thank you Boss

I realize cash is always handy, but does anyone know if SandyD needs anything else? Of course, untill she gets back home she won't have any idea of just how bad things are, but I was thinking more of the short term needs.
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

I have a Sandy update.

She has moved to a different hotel in Arlington. She is doing OK as far as money is concerned since she's getting paid. Her family in Mississippi that they hadn't heard from has been in touch and is OK but their house is gone. Her brother is bringing her a dsektop computer tomorrow so she will have access tomorrow night. You cannot call her cell but you can text message here or she can call you on her cell. I have her address and phone number at the hotel. If anyone is interested, PM or e-mail me. Her company is looking for a temporary HQ somewhere closer to NO, possibly Baton Rouge. They will be there for a while. Her father wants to go back to Kenner to check on the house. She's a brave soldier and is in good spirits most of the time. I'm going to send her a little care package tomorrow. A few Reds articles, a book and a couple of magazines. I can't send her too much stuff cause she'll have to haul it to wherever they go next.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Thanks for the update Chip

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    I have a Sandy update.

She has moved to a different hotel in Arlington. She is doing OK as far as money is concerned since she's getting paid. Her family in Mississippi that they hadn't heard from has been in touch and is OK but their house is gone. Her brother is bringing her a dsektop computer tomorrow so she will have access tomorrow night. You cannot call her cell but you can text message here or she can call you on her cell. I have her address and phone number at the hotel. If anyone is interested, PM or e-mail me. Her company is looking for a temporary HQ somewhere closer to NO, possibly Baton Rouge. They will be there for a while. Her father wants to go back to Kenner to check on the house. She's a brave soldier and is in good spirits most of the time. I'm going to send her a little care package tomorrow. A few Reds articles, a book and a couple of magazines. I can't send her too much stuff cause she'll have to haul it to wherever they go next.
    Chip, forgive me for not reading the whole Hurricane thread (perhaps it's in there), but is there any update on Alfred?
    Stick to your guns.

Alfred update:
    He's still in Pensacola. I'm hoping he'll be here by the end of the weekend, but I'm not sure now. He located his father in a Baton Rouge nursing home. Such a relief.

I heard tonight that Aaron Broussard may let everyone back into Jefferson Parish by Thursday. I found my house on the NOAA geosurvey, and from that view, it appears to be fine. Can't tell if there was water in the house, or how high, if so. BUT, there'sa wooden trellis arch in the back yard that's still there.

Some downed trees and roof damage in my neighborhood, but no severe structural damage from the satelite view.

The people who work at the facility we are using brought clothing and supplies and personal items, and I'm reluctant to take them. I might pick up a bottle of shampoo and a some soap if it's still there tomorrow, because I forgot to pick some up when I went to the grocery the other day so I just have the stuff the hotel provides.

The facility also brought in a counselor today to give us someone to talk to. I'm not sure he had many visitors, but it was very nice of them.

I very much appreciate the thought. It means a lot. But the money raised should really be used to help those who really it. I consider myself very lucky, and I'm much better off than so many others.

My basic physical needs are well taken care of. It's been an emotional roller coaster, but I think things are going to level out now. The only thing I need right now is stability. I want two days roughly the same and with no bad news, and I need a day off. I'll get the day off Sunday.

Sandy - glad to hear from you and that you and Alfred are OK. Thanks for the update. You guys are in our prayers.

You're such a sweetie and overall nice and generous person. And after reading the above post by you - that only confirms that belief. In fact - you should be nominated for sainthood for placing the concerns of others above yours after all you've been through, and the uncertainty you face back home.

Let us here on RZ, your FRIENDS, be your counselors whenever you need someone to talk to. Yes - the emotional aspect is far worse then the material/monetary aspect. PM me, or give me a call anytime you feel you need someone to talk to.

And if/when you or Alfred do have a need, please do not be hesitant to ask on here.

People want to help! And when it's going to help someone whom they directly know, then all the better.

God Bless you both.

Greg
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?