Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RZ Fund for one of our own

Re: RZ Fund for one of our own

I sincerely thank everyone. Your offers are too kind. The people of this area have opened their doors to us. The state has opened the doors of it's schools to our children. Without all the usual paperwork, evacuees can enroll their children in school provisionally. I have coworkers who have done that, and their children who have not attended class yet were given all their school supplies and clothing, plus six flags tickets and such.

People have been great.

This week has been something else. Can't think clearly now, and I have to get ready for work. But I'll be back on later.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Great to hear from you Sandy. Thanks for the updates on you and Alfred.
    Stick to your guns.

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili
    Great to hear from you Sandy. Thanks for the updates on you and Alfred.
    Great to hear from you too.

Have a killer year 2! (Shouldn't you be studying?)

I'm so happy that Alfred found his Dad and you found your sister-in-law and niece and nephew. It has to be such a relief to make the connections.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SandyD
    (Shouldn't you be studying?)
    Yes.

I feel guilty that while people are hard at work trying to put the Gulf Coast back together, I can't motivate myself this morning to schlep my laptop and books onto the subway and head to the library.
    Stick to your guns.

Sandy. Please don't feel guilty if you find that you need less than others... if you find that to be true after you're able to return to your home, then you are truly fortunate. You won't know for sure until you return. Even though outwardly, it may look relatively benign, water damage may have wreaked it's damage.

And, if you find you don't need part or any of the RZ donation, who better than you to put that money to work to help your friends and neighbors... sort of an immediate partial remedy, rather than them having to wait for help with food and water from a relief agency.

So glad you, Alfred, and both your families are safe. It's a great relief.

PS - do you have any idea when you'll be able to return?
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    And, if you find you don't need part or any of the RZ donation, who better than you to put that money to work to help your friends and neighbors...
    Yep! Use it anyway you choose.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Good to hear from you Sandy..glad to hear about Alfred's dad.
    Go Gators!

I just like to reach out to Redszoners and do what you can. I trust Sandy to do what's best with any funds she gets from us. If she feels she doesn't need it, she is in a better position than I am to know where it is really needed for the relief efforts. I don't care if she's using the money to buy a steak dinner and a cold one, after what's she's been through, see deserves it.

Deadline for Paypal is this Friday, Sept. 9.

Thanks again, everyone.

Future Reds All Star

Hey all! Just wanted to call last call on anyone who wanted to donate to our redszone "Sandy" fund

I know we said the 9th was our last day to collect but I had a few more people pm and email me along with many who asked for the info at the start and have not been able to donate yet ask if I could possibly wait until Sunday. More than happy to do so!

We would really like to get a check out to Sandy tomorrow or Tuesday morning at the latest. If you can't donate within our time frame but really wanted to, don't worry! We can always send out another check or two. Or donate to your local church or Red Cross when you have it...I'm sure Sandy would be more than happy with that also!

A huge Thank you to everyone !!

Thanks everyone. You're all wonderful.

Sandy, check your PMs, please.

Roy Tucker .... clean out your PMs.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey
    Roy Tucker .... clean out your PMs.
    yes ma'am.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Good Evening Zoners,

Some folks have been PMing anxiously. TeamMorris and I tallied Paypal and Snail mail donations for a grand total of $730. A money order is on it's way to SandyD as I type. I'll make sure she gets any straggling snail mails.

I wasn't sure whether to post the tally or PM those who pitched in. I want to personally thank everyone who donated. I also want to thank many of you who shared some kind words along the way.

Sandy, use it however you wish. We love ya, kid!

Turn Off Ads?