Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: According to Photo Captioners: White people "find," Black people "loot"

Re: According to Photo Captioners: White people "find," Black people "loot"

Quote Originally Posted by RedBloodedAmerican
    It's a shame to send them prevent anarchy, but it's also a shame not too when they were needed.
    I agree we need to send the Guard down there. My point was that it's awful that roaming gangs of bandits are forming to try to steal during this time of crisis. Says a lot about human nature.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD
    I agree we need to send the Guard down there. My point was that it's awful that roaming gangs of bandits are forming to try to steal during this time of crisis. Says a lot about human nature.
    I think you miss my point. Looting's bad. I get it. And yeah, if these looters are turning violent, then yes, police need to take care of them. What I'm disgusted at is 1. the media's attention to the looting, not to the rescue of people 2. The police being drawn away from a more important duty (rescue) to a less important duty (stolen goods).
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    I think you miss my point. Looting's bad. I get it. And yeah, if these looters are turning violent, then yes, police need to take care of them. What I'm disgusted at is 1. the media's attention to the looting, not to the rescue of people 2. The police being drawn away from a more important duty (rescue) to a less important duty (stolen goods).
    1. Not sure what channel you watch, but I have seen hours upon hours of rescues. Surely you would not be exaggerating, would you? I have also seen looting. I have seen much more rescuing than looting. However, as logic would tell anyone, there are only so many rescues that can be made. Time is not on the side of those who are trapped. Once police can do no more rescuing, then they will do diff. police work.

2. Are you an official with the rescue effort or the New Orleans police? You talk as if you understand everything that is happening. My guess (and a good one) is YOU ARE NOT. You like to point fingers and blame. Are people really so blind to believe that police are more worried about looters than saving lives? My guess is that as most people are saved, then police can be directed towards criminal activities. Do share with us the inside knowledge that you seem to have (and like to portray here at RZ) with the New Orleans police. Or you can simply tell us that you are shooting from the hip.

Any estimates on how many people have been raped and murdered in New Orleans after the floods? You seem to think it is all about looting. Have you heard the stories of criminals firing pistols at helicopters?

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    I figured you knew looting was bad, didn't mean to imply that.

Sadly, the looters are armed and are as bad of a threat to human life as the flooding. (IMO). So, I can see the justification of having more police patrols to deter anarchy.

I do agree with you though. I wish the media didn't give so much attention to looting. They are basically encouraging the looting by showing this. For example, during the Rodney King riots, it was bad to show all these people appearing to get away with looting. IMO, it only encouraged more of the same. It's now becoming a societal norm to expect this behavior, which is appalling.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Turn Off Ads?