Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-Baseball Forum Political and Religious Thread Changes

Re: Non-Baseball Forum Political and Religious Thread Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog
    This is the first I've heard of this, but it's obviously an issue if at least three people are experiencing it. Can any of you guys expand on what is happening when this problem occurs so I can look into it? Thanks.
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/bugs....iew&bugid=4115

This is a known issue with the latest version of vBulletin, which we just upgraded to. I'll apply the fix ASAP. Please let me know if you still continue to experience problems.

Boss

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/bugs....iew&bugid=4115

This is a known issue with the latest version of vBulletin, which we just upgraded to. I'll apply the fix ASAP. Please let me know if you still continue to experience problems.

Boss
    Everything should be good to go now. Let me know if you guys still have problems.

It se ms To be wo ki g Fine nOw.
    The widow is gathering nettles for her children's dinner; a perfumed seigneur, delicately lounging in the Oeil de Boeuf, hath an alchemy whereby he will extract the third nettle and call it rent. ~ Carlyle

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo

However, it seems that you are not.

:
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo
    :ughmamoru
    "Booing on opening day is like telling grandma her house smells like old lady."--WOY

COUNTDOWN TO POLITICAL FREE BOARD
    (because one side is mostly on the losing end)

Days Left

Quote Originally Posted by RedBloodedAmerican

Days Left
    Sounds a lot like a figure skating score from the French judge, if you ask me...
    "Booing on opening day is like telling grandma her house smells like old lady."--WOY

Man Pills

Well, if we "Democrats" who are disgusted with the President's response are foolish bastards who cause people to switch their political parties and voting habits, then apparently we are a pretty big confederacy of dunces.

Pew Poll finds that 67% of Americans find fault with Bush for the Feds' failure to react to the Katrina crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    Well, if we "Democrats" who are disgusted with the President's response are foolish bastards who cause people to switch their political parties and voting habits, then apparently we are a pretty big confederacy of dunces.

Pew Poll finds that 67% of Americans find fault with Bush for the Feds' failure to react to the Katrina crisis.
    Ignatius Reilly could have formed a better response to this mess than the Bush crew.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go
    I'm gonna laugh out loud, literally, if a thread started by the admins regarding changes to the site has to be locked because some people can't keep their vitriol in check.

Treading the line of what constitutes "personal" while making blanket statement attacks on someone else - sure, it might not violate the letter of the rules, but it certainly goes against the spirit of them.

Everyone loses control of their temper occasionally; I certainly do. But can we please try to reign in our emotions a little bit when we know our statements are going to anger and upset others?
    I feel I kept my anger in check and didn't attack anyone.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer

FCB: Wow, what a coincidence. I am also a big fan of Pew Research. Anyway, if you truly believe that all aspects of Pew's research methodologies are entirely sound (which I personally do), then I invite you to read their recently published report which did an excellent job of mapping out the current political landscape in our country post-2004 elections.

The report itself is a rather large Adobe file, so I'll just leave you a link for some future reading. Pay close attention, if you will, to the distinguishing characteristics of each of the different divsions within each political party.

After reading the report, I found it both amusing and helpful to even sub-classify some of the members on this board. Personally, I find the whole "us" versus "them" caste system that is frequently espoused here to be way too simplistic and painfully boring. Happy reading!

http://pewresearch.org/files/politicallandscape2005.pdf
    Last edited by Blimpie; 09-09-2005 at 01:50 PM.

Nice article Blimpie.. I've only gone through the first 20-30 pages so far, but it's interesting. Well worth reading.
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD
    Nice article Blimpie.. I've only gone through the first 20-30 pages so far, but it's interesting. Well worth reading.
    I don't care on which side your loyalties may fall, if you read enough of that report, you WILL be clearly identified at some point in time...

Days Left

Quote Originally Posted by RedBloodedAmerican

Days Left
    Liberals Suck
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    Baseball Bliss
    Im a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball. - Sean Casey

Turn Off Ads?