Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Are we now a larger target for terrorism?

Are we now a larger target for terrorism?

This is my fear. Our military is spread thin throughout the middle east, and now the majority of the country's attention is on a natural disaster in Louisiana and Mississippi. Wouldn't you think that right now is when terrorists would find it ideal to strike, while we are most vulnerable?

As I am about to head to a major metropolitan US city, I am concerned that we may be crippled even worse by another outside attack.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Not Laughing

Re: Are we now a larger target for terrorism?

Sava, that's something that has been on my mind the last couple of days. It seems with everybody's attention diverted, it seems like a realistic possibility.

What is even more troubling is that we have given (indirectly) terrorists an idea on how to turn the nation into despair: target all major levees & dams. Take out those structures and sit back and watch the cities get destroyed and everybody kill each other.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
    ~Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    This is my fear. Our military is spread thin throughout the middle east, and now the majority of the country's attention is on a natural disaster in Louisiana and Mississippi. Wouldn't you think that right now is when terrorists would find it ideal to strike, while we are most vulnerable?

As I am about to head to a major metropolitan US city, I am concerned that we may be crippled even worse by another outside attack.
    Its not an unreasonable concern, however, terrorists haven provent that they are able to ramp up on the word "go".

Now if they already had something in the works........
    The widow is gathering nettles for her children's dinner; a perfumed seigneur, delicately lounging in the Oeil de Boeuf, hath an alchemy whereby he will extract the third nettle and call it rent. ~ Carlyle

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo
    Its not an unreasonable concern, however, terrorists haven provent that they are able to ramp up on the word "go".

Now if they already had something in the works........
    Bingo. Unless something is in the pipeline, these attacks simply do not happen overnight. Most of them take months, even years of preparation.
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Turn Off Ads?