Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Independent musicians to donate entire wholesale price of CD's to Red Cross Relief

Independent musicians to donate entire wholesale price of CD's to Red Cross Relief

Didn't know if anyone would be interested, but thought some might. I received an e-mail from CDBaby.com about some of the artists who sell their CDs through that site donating all wholesale costs to American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund. I enjoy independant artists, and there is a little something there for everyone, from gospel to rap to rock to kids music to country, etc. I think this is a huge thing, because these artists aren't your multi-million selling artists who get big time radio play, but rather those who seem to just really enjoy making music, and yet they are the ones who depend the most on sales of their CDs to continue doing what they do, and aren't making anything off of this, but donating everything to help those devastated by the hurricane.

For those interested, the link is:

http://cdbaby.com/group/redcross
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Independent musicians to donate entire wholesale price of CD's to Red Cross Relie

Okay, props goes to the Dave Matthews Band for this benefit concert as well.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050902/..._matthews_band

By JON SARCHE, Associated Press Writer 12 minutes ago

DENVER - The Dave Matthews Band will perform a Sept. 12 concert at Red Rocks Amphitheatre, with all profits to go to charities supporting victims of Hurricane Katrina.

"The amount of generosity from around the country I'm sure is staggering right now from people just giving what they can," Matthews told The Associated Press in a phone interview Thursday.

"We're just getting in line behind those people, getting in line a long way behind the Red Cross or National Guard, but we all have to do a little bit."

The band added the benefit show to its sold-out Sept. 9-11 stint at the amphitheater. Matthews said it hasn't been decided which charities will benefit from the show.

"Denver is grateful to Dave Matthews Band for giving our city an opportunity to demonstrate our support for the hurricane victims," Mayor John Hickenlooper said in a statement. "We are fortunate to live in an incredibly generous community that will no doubt make this event a tremendous success."

The city of Denver, which owns and operates the amphitheater in Morrison about 20 miles west of downtown, waived rent for the event and will donate revenue from parking, food and other concessions to hurricane relief efforts, the mayor's office said.

Food, beverage and merchandise concessionaire Aramark Corp. said it also would donate net proceeds from the Sept. 12 show to relief efforts.

Concert promoter Chuck Morris Presents said a food drive by the nonprofit Conscious Alliance each of the four nights will benefit the Houston Food Bank, which is sending food to hurricane victims.

The Dave Matthews Band has sold 30 million albums since its first release in 1993. "Stand Up," released this year, sold 465,000 copies in its first week to debut at No. 1 on the album charts.

___
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Turn Off Ads?