Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: President Bush Should Resign

President Bush Should Resign

A major U.S. city has been destroyed. The federal government was aware those levies could not hold up. They did nothing about. This amounts to gross negligence.

President Bush is the head of the federal government. He should do the honorable thing and resign.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: President Bush Should Resign

Yep, he should ride a unicorn up to Capitol Hill and stop by that tree that the Keebler Elves are baking those cookies in, pick up a couple of boxes, and go ahead and resign.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    Yep, he should ride a unicorn up to Capitol Hill and stop by that tree that the Keebler Elves are baking those cookies in, pick up a couple of boxes, and go ahead and resign.
    You are right expecting this president to do the honorable is pure fantasy.

WAGS

they've known about the leeves since '69 i think...

Quote Originally Posted by ghettochild
    they've known about the leeves since '69 i think...
    Well this occurred under THIS President's watch. You know the one who made homeland secuirty the central theme of his administration?

I would expect any President who lost a major U.S. city to resign or face impeachment.

You would think instead of fortifying bus stops in Anchorage, someone in this frigging administration could have gave a little thought to reinforcing those levies.
    Last edited by alex trevino; 09-02-2005 at 09:09 PM.

There's plenty of blame to go around, and the neglect of the levies can be fairly shared but the relief effort is a NATIONAL DISGRACE. If Chertoff and Brown are not dismissed then, and I don't take these things lightly, he should impeached.
    The widow is gathering nettles for her children's dinner; a perfumed seigneur, delicately lounging in the Oeil de Boeuf, hath an alchemy whereby he will extract the third nettle and call it rent. ~ Carlyle

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Remind me again why we aren't allowing political threads anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19
    People are upset.
    The widow is gathering nettles for her children's dinner; a perfumed seigneur, delicately lounging in the Oeil de Boeuf, hath an alchemy whereby he will extract the third nettle and call it rent. ~ Carlyle

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19
    No criticizing Bush.

I think there are legit reasons to fault Bush here. I read that Bush cut funding when the corp of engineers were looking at strengthening the levees (geez, I forget how you spell it!) Perhaps someone else could fill in the details on that story.

People have been talking about this problem for a long time and nothing was done. Now we see the results.

WAGS

Quote Originally Posted by alex trevino
    Well this occurred under THIS President's watch. You know the one who made homeland secuirty the central theme of his administration?

I would expect any President who lost a major U.S. city to resign or face impeachment.

You would think instead of fortifying bus stops in Anchorage, someone in this frigging administration could have gave a little thought to reinforcing those levies.
    he didn't LOOSE this city.

even IF the leeves were FUNCTIONAL, there would still be 20 feet of RAINWATER from katrina ITSSELF.

don't blame this on bush, you CAN'T stop mother nature, and the more you try the PISSIER she gets.

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alex trevino
    A major U.S. city has been destroyed. The federal government was aware those levies could not hold up. They did nothing about. This amounts to gross negligence.

President Bush is the head of the federal government. He should do the honorable thing and resign.
    I don't know how Mayor Nagin got on the internet, much less hijacked someone else's name, to post on RZ, but welcome Mayor
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

Look, Bush makes his share of mistakes, but why not start with the Mayor of N.O. Or the Governor of La.? There's only so far you can go in blaming Bush. This whole thing was spawned by a natural disaster, not any kind of political miscalculations.

And if you want to go beyond bashing Bush, how 'bout questioning why N.O.'s mayor let his political friends who were staying in the Hyatt jump ahed of those who had been in the Superdome the whole time in regards to being evacuated to Houston.

As has already been pointed out, the blame that Bush should take in this should be minimal, if any.

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by dman
    Look, Bush makes his share of mistakes, but why not start with the Mayor of N.O. Or the Governor of La.? There's only so far you can go in blaming Bush. This whole thing was spawned by a natural disaster, not any kind of political miscalculations.

And if you want to go beyond bashing Bush, how 'bout questioning why N.O.'s mayor let his political friends who were staying in the Hyatt jump ahed of those who had been in the Superdome the whole time in regards to being evacuated to Houston.

As has already been pointed out, the blame that Bush should take in this should be minimal, if any.
    Bush wears the mantle of hero for standing on top of a pile of rubble with a bullhorn; when a federal agency ain't doing its job or is deploying too slowly under his watch, he wears the goat.

The buck stops at the President. At least in my version of America.

A CAT 5 Hurricane bearing down on 3 plus states is not a Federal problem? The Army Corp of Engineers is not a Federal Program? The National Guard not home in their home state, but in Iraq is not a Federal problem?

I'm tired of Democrats and Republicans going on TV patting themselves on the backs for doing such a great job.

And to the Poster who is making wisecrack about the Mayor's emotional breakdown, I don't know what to say. I wish he never has to go through several days of Hell, like he has.

Turn Off Ads?