Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Thoughts on my FF Team?

Thoughts on my FF Team?

Just got done with my main leagues draft. 14 round draft.

Basic scoring: 6 pts for TDs (rushing, receiving, throwing) You start 1 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF

1. Deuce McAllister RB
    2. Julius Jones RB
    3. Reggie Wayne WR
    4. Javon Walker WR
    5. Marc Bulger QB
    6. LaMont Jordan RB
    7. Ashley Lelie WR
    8. Aaron Brooks QB
    9. Shayne Graham K
    10. Buffalo DEF
    11. LJ Smith TE
    12. Eddie Kennison WR
    13. Ronnie Brown RB
    14. Matt Jones WR

I think I got a steal with LaMont Jordan falling all the way to the 6th round. He is rated Top 15 by most "experts".

I think I'll do pretty well if Bulger can take his game to that next level and get 4,000+ and 30+ TDs.

Anyways, was just curious on some thoughts.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    got alil captain in u?

Re: Thoughts on my FF Team?

don't really like ur receivers that much not exactly big name guys other than lelie

I think you're solid at QB, WR (as only 2 start), TE and K.
    Your RBs and DEF are top-notch...

Overall I'd say you had an excellent draft.

Quote Originally Posted by captainmorgan07
    don't really like ur receivers that much not exactly big name guys other than lelie
    Interesting. I would guess that 95% of FFballers would consider Walker and Wayne bigger names and better players than Lelie.

Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33
    Interesting. I would guess that 95% of FFballers would consider Walker and Wayne bigger names and better players than Lelie.

Interesting.
    Was definitely thinking the same thing. Walker and Wayne are both bigger names and better players than Ashley Lelie.

I'm interested in hearing some thoughts on my team (in a 12 team league). Almost every year, I wait until the middle rounds to draft a QB (because I think their fantasy value is overrated), but this year, I missed out on two guys I really wanted by a pick or two. As a result, I ended up with some some QB's I DIDN'T want, but other than that, I think the rest of my team should be pretty decent.

RB Priest Holmes
    RB Domanick Davis
    WR Reggie Wayne
    WR Jerry Porter
    WR Drew Bennett
    RB Fred Taylor
    NY Jets D
    WR Eric Moulds
    Oakland Kicker
    QB Drew Brees
    WR Jason Witten
    QB Brian Griese
    RB Chester Taylor
    Washington D
    RB Marcel Shipp
    Carolina Kicker
    WR Peerless Price

My league combines TE's with WR's but other than that, you start the standard positions (1 QB, 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 kicker, 1 defense). Because our scoring system is so different from just about any other league, rather than explain, I'll just link to a page with it on.

Comments are greatly appreciated...thanks!

Boss, Not a bad team at all. Brees and Griese should be adequate fantasy starters, especially because your league doesn't take any pts away for INTs. The only caution flags I see are having both Priest and Fabulous (yet other times Fragile) Freddy. However, I do see Taylor staying healthy and having a great season - as he is on my team as well. You may see Priest lose carries to Larry Johnson throughout the season and if he is still on waivers (which I doubt) - maybe pick him up for insurance.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Just wrapped mine up. Big money league. Fifth season we all have been together.

50/50 scoring: (Td's/ YD's) 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR/TE, 1 K, 1 DEF

20 round draft.

Keeper from last year: Nate Burleson (can keep one player drafted after 10th round previous season).

1. Daunte Culpepper QB (#8)
    2. Domanick Davis RB (#13)
    3. Reggie Wayne WR (#28)
    4. Brian Westbrook RB (#33)
    5. Drew Bennett (#48)
    6. Baltimore Ravens DEF (#53)
    7. Warrick Dunn RB
    8. Larry Johnson RB
    9. Michael Bennett RB
    10. Deion Branch WR
    11. T.J. Duckett RB
    12. Mewelde Moore RB
    13. Ryan Moats RB
    14. David Givens WR
    15. Travis Taylor WR
    16. Brian Griese QB
    17 Kevin Curtis WR
    18. Matt Stover K
    19 Verand Morency RB
    20. David Patten WR

It was hard for me to take D.Davis over Stephen Jackson at #13. I just didn't want to overdraft Jackson, but I feel like I really let one slip by there. I took one kicker and one defense realizing I'll have to pick one up of each in week three when Stover and Balt D have a bye. I'll probably drop two of Givens, Patten, and T.Taylor. I just wanted to see what these three could do the first few weeks of the season and I'm taking advantage the fact that pickups (for some reason) are free.
    Last edited by BuckeyeRedleg; 09-04-2005 at 10:00 PM.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Oh, by the way, 33 and Boss, I like both of your drafts.

33, Javon Walker, Marc Bulger, and LaMont Jordan is about the best one can do rounds 4-6. I love those picks and wish Jordan was available in mine, but he was a keeper.

As I said earlier, we have this little catch to each draft. You can protect one player from the previous draft as long as they were on your roster to end the season and they were taken in the 10th round or later. It makes it kind of fun so that you can draft not only for depth late, but for potential. This year, I had to decide between Bell and Burleson and another guy had Jordan. Between us, we had the best potential keepers. I was really excietd all spring to protect Bell, but Mike Anderson took the job from him. I can just see he'll go off if Anderson loses the job.

The guy that got to protect Jordan snagged Bell before I could get him in the 7th. I was not happy.

Boss, you got in a situation where it was no point in pulling th trigger on a second tier QB until later. You did well and between Brees and Griese, one of the two (if not both) will do well this year. I really can see Griese putting up big numbers in that offense if he stays healthy. Remember what Rich Gannon did in Gruden's offense a few years ago.

Porter is going to be a stud and I was going to take he or Roy Williams in the 5th and they both went right ahead of me leaving me with Drew Bennett.

My ESPN 10 team league - in which I am loaded.

QB Favre
    RB LT
    RB Curtis Martin
    WR Marvin Harrison
    WR Hines Ward
    TE Dallas Clark
    K Jason Elam
    D Baltimore

QB Leftwich
    RB Chris Brown
    RB Jerome Bettis
    RB Derrick Blaylock
    WR Charles Rogers
    WR Plax Burress
    TE Jeb Putzier
    D Seattle
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

And this guy just proposed his second trade propasal to me - the first was Tomlinson, Martin and Leftwich for J. Lewis, C. Portis and M. Bulger. I turned it down because Lewis is due for an off year, Portis is not a great fit for Gibbs offense and I hate all things Redskin. But kind of a fair offer.

now he offers this:

SCLS trades LaDainian Tomlinson, SD to Caucasions
    SCLS trades Marvin Harrison, Ind to Caucasions
    SCLS trades Jerome Bettis, Pit to Caucasions
    RAGN trades Jamal Lewis, Bal to MudDogs
    RAGN trades Brian Westbrook, Phi to MudDogs
    RAGN trades Andre Johnson, Hou to MudDogs

It got worse! I lose on Tomlinson v. Lewis. I lose on Harrison v. Johnson, and I win slightly on Bus v. Westbrook, but Westbrook doesn't stay healthy.

At least its better than the baseball trade I was offered earlier this year - i trade Johan Santana straight up and receive Ted Lilly.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

I don't think Reggie Wayne will ever touch the numbers he had last year again. There aren't the weapons to take the heat away this year, Stokeley is hurt, Pollard is gone. Dallas Clark isn't bad but I don't think he's the receiving threat Pollard was. Wayne is going to get a lot more attention and his numbers are going to drop as a result.

I don't see his numbers declining much barring an injury. Harrison is still the number one and will draw most of the attention. Manning is just that good.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Boss- your draft was good, but Holmes and Taylor are going to drive you nuts with injuries. I had both last year and ran out of gas just before the playoffs.

I would draft Labrandon Toefeld if you can, and quick, 'cause Taylor is always day-to-day.

Turn Off Ads?