Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gilligan Dead

Re: Gilligan Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini
    Let's not forget the vastly underrated Maynard G. Krebs.
    Showing my age - but I loved that show! I wasn't the biggest fan of Gilligans Island though. Put it on the same level as the Brady Bunch.

"panic" only comes from having real expectations

2. Turn Off Ads?

RIP Gilligan. One of the most underated TV characters of all time. Bob Denver played Gilligan superbly. The show was so silly and nonsensical that it just made you laugh. It also brought about the debate,Ginger or Mary Ann? I would watch Gilligan's Island every day when I was young. I think I memorized every show because I watched each one about million times. Brings back a lot good memories from my youth.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Man, what a bummer. I didn't realize the guy was 70 years old.
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

1st pick 2022 B.B. draft George Foster's Avatar

[QUOTE=RedBloodedAmerican]Bob Denver, TV's Gilligan, dead at 70

Associated Press

LOS ANGELES - Bob Denver, whose portrayal of goofy first mate Gilligan on the 1960s television show "Gilligan's Island," made him an iconic figure to generations of TV viewers, has died, his agent confirmed Tuesday. He was 70.

Denver, who underwent quadruple heart bypass surgery earlier this year, died at Wake Forest University Baptist Hospital in North Carolina, according to agent Mike Eisenstadt. Denver's death was first reported by "Entertainment Tonight."

[SIZE=5] I read a couple of years ago that the entire cast sold their rights to the "re-runs" for $1,500.00 each before the first show aired. No one thought that the show would be a bigger hit after it was cancelled. They all lost millions.[/SIZE]
    Not this year...maybe a Wild Card

Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

Bob Denver AKA Gilligan lived a little more than 50 miles from me in his last years. I'd see him on my trips to the mall or the grocery store. For awhile, he used to "pinch hit' doing the weather on the local NBC station.

I got the guts a few years ago when I saw him and walked up and talked to him. He was a very modest man. Kids would see him and ask for his autograph and he'd be embarassed. He even had a radio show for awhile.

The minute I talked to him it was just we'd known each other forever. I didn't know he was so sick. I had his phone number at one time, only showing how trusting he was. I was trying to talk him into doing some TV commercials with me, all the time knowing I couldn't afford him. He probably knew it too.

I'm glad I met him. Nice gentle guy. Not many like him any more.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Turn Off Ads?