Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Ohio Reform Measure

Ohio Reform Measure

Reform Ohio Now

Here's the Plan:
    Ohio has always been a great state, but times are tough. Ohio leads the country in job losses, and young people are leaving in droves. Our capitol is racked by numerous scandals, and elected officials still pander to big donors and ignore working people.

But now there's something we can do about it.

Reform Ohio Now is supporting four amendments on the ballot this November - real, common-sense reforms to take our state back from the politicians who have failed us.

Reform Ohio Now, a non-partisan group, will fix Ohio's electoral process and hold politicians accountable by taking big money out of state campaigns, by removing politicians from the process of drawing their own districts, by allowing Ohioans to vote by mail, and by setting up an impartial, bipartisan board to oversee elections. But we can't do it without your help. So get involved today and get Ohio back on track.

"Anybody who relishes democracy and who sees elections as the heart of the democratic process ought to see the appeal of this reform... It would return control of democracy to people near the political center... Political advocates always say that the changes they favor are non-partisan... It's true about this honest effort." -Dayton Daily News

"No congressional district should be safe because of the way it is drawn. It should be safe because the congressman represents the interests of the people in that district." -Ronald Reagan
    The widow is gathering nettles for her children's dinner; a perfumed seigneur, delicately lounging in the Oeil de Boeuf, hath an alchemy whereby he will extract the third nettle and call it rent. ~ Carlyle

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ohio Reform Measure

Reform Ohio Now, a non-partisan group
    No such thing, no offense.

Quote Originally Posted by smith288
    No such thing, no offense.
    Strickly speaking it is non-partisan because its mission isn't strickly partisan. However, your right in the broader sense, it is a coalition of labor/Democrats/progressive groups.

But judge it on what they're trying to do: make it easier to vote, eliminate gerrymandering and limit donations to candidates.
    The widow is gathering nettles for her children's dinner; a perfumed seigneur, delicately lounging in the Oeil de Boeuf, hath an alchemy whereby he will extract the third nettle and call it rent. ~ Carlyle

Thanks for the site. It's a bit disorganized though.. Have they gotten these amendments on the ballot, or are they still fighting to? I assume the latter.
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

A Little to the Left Redsfaithful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD
    Thanks for the site. It's a bit disorganized though.. Have they gotten these amendments on the ballot, or are they still fighting to? I assume the latter.
    The amendments are officially on the ballot, as of yesterday I think.
    We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
    --Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful
    The amendments are officially on the ballot, as of yesterday I think.
    Thanks, I'll make sure to read up on them a bit more, but on the surface, this appears to be something worth going to the polls to vote for.
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Turn Off Ads?