Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A new Marty has to go thread

A new Marty has to go thread

I know this is an old tired subject and there is a thread on the big boy board but after listening to part of the game today I think its time to let Marty go. I know this subject has also been broached but is it just me or is Marty extra hard on the Hispanic players on team Wily Mo and Lopez in particular. I know this is a tired subject and for that I apologize but after listening to Marty dress down Wily Mo for getting picked off I just shut off the radio because I couldnt stand it anymore. I dont know maybe its just me.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: A new Marty has to go thread

Wily Mo should have been picked apart for being picked off first. I was waiting for someone to criticize Marty for what he said about Wily Mo. He had absolutely no business whatsoever getting picked off first base in that situation. You are down by 5 runs against a pitcher who it is nearly impossible to steal off of. What do you do? Stray too far off the bag and get nailed, that's what you do.

If Rich Aurilia had done it, people would have gone for blood.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Marty was right about Pena, but he should still go.

Or should we just nominate him for the Roberto Clemente Award?

Brewers pick off alot of runners with there "balk-like" pick off moves.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30
    Wily Mo should have been picked apart for being picked off first. I was waiting for someone to criticize Marty for what he said about Wily Mo. He had absolutely no business whatsoever getting picked off first base in that situation. You are down by 5 runs against a pitcher who it is nearly impossible to steal off of. What do you do? Stray too far off the bag and get nailed, that's what you do.

If Rich Aurilia had done it, people would have gone for blood.
    I agree that WMP should have been criticized for getting picked off. However, and I didn't hear him but I have a pretty good idea how he was talking, you can criticize someone but you don't have to throw a fit about it. Instead of going on a 5 minute tirade about WMP getting picked off or EE popping up on the 1st pitch or Dunn striking out, he could just say something like, "WMP made a mistake and got picked off 1st" and then move on instead of dwelling on it for the rest of the game. I have no problems with Marty "telling it like it is" but you can do that and move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

If I had watched this team all season long I'd probably be way more frustrated than Marty is.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Marty effectively has guaranteed lifetime employment under the current ownership. The only way he goes is if the new owners revoke his tenure.
    /r/reds

Maybe Marty should have a trivia question every inning, that way he wont hurt anyone's feelings.

Many other announcers betray an enjoyment of the game and of being at the ballpark. They're good for the game, good for promoting the game to the next generation of fans. Brennaman is a sour, over-the-hill egotist who holds the American pasttime hostage every night so he can express how important and disgusted he is.

Yep, Marty no longer enjoys doing his job. Well maybe he enjoys reading emails about BBQ, etc and broadcasting "the Marty show", but that's not his job.

I stopped listening to the Reds about a month or so ago. I think that's the earliest point in the season I gave up on them. A large part of that is because with Joe gone, Marty has taken over the booth and now does a HORRIBLE broadcast.

IMO, there is effectively a trivia question every inning, because Marty doesn't shut up about it. It's his favorite dead air time filler.

I listened to just about every game before the allstar break, and I can't recall Marty giving us one interesting piece of information about the Reds or any of their players. Not one. Marty is at the point where a voice synthesizer on an internet game tracker would be more pleasant to listen to.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

I think a week without Marty and some of you would realize what your missing and be asking for him back. Like someone else said if I had to watch this crap for 162 games year after year I would be getting upset too. And dont tell me something like well then maybe he should quit and move elsewhere because I'm sure over time he has really started to like this team. I know I would be much, much worse if I had to watch this team go 10 years without making the playoffs and had to call 30 Eric Milton starts a year.

But why can't he just call the game?

I could do without the fake news stories, that's for certain.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia
    I know this is an old tired subject and there is a thread on the big boy board but after listening to part of the game today I think its time to let Marty go. I know this subject has also been broached but is it just me or is Marty extra hard on the Hispanic players on team Wily Mo and Lopez in particular. I know this is a tired subject and for that I apologize but after listening to Marty dress down Wily Mo for getting picked off I just shut off the radio because I couldnt stand it anymore. I dont know maybe its just me.
    Marty is a very cynical guy but I think you are way off base by trying to make this a racial thing. Ever heard him espouse on Adam Dunn? Or Luke Hudson? Race has nothing to do with it. He go off on anyone.

I think a week without Marty and some of you would realize what your missing and be asking for him back. Like someone else said if I had to watch this crap for 162 games year after year I would be getting upset too.
    Yeah Marty is the only guy out there who invests time in watching all the games, therefore HE should be tired of collecting his checks too right?

Marty lost me yesterday on his inane Email about Jeff Gordon.... someone had the nerve to tell Marty he was wrong...well you all know the rest of the story as another local announcer might say.

Turn Off Ads?