Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: A new Marty has to go thread

Re: A new Marty has to go thread

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw
    That's not Marty's fault, he's not on the field
    I think it's pretty silly for Marty to cast judgement on players for not being focused on thier job while he has a problem focussing on his own job.(PBP)

Marty did his best work of the season tonight, too bad it was such an ugly game.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden
    I think it's pretty silly for Marty to cast judgement on players for not being focused on thier job while he has a problem focussing on his own job.(PBP)

Marty did his best work of the season tonight, too bad it was such an ugly game.
    Either Marty lurks here (RedsRadioGuy?) or Matt700wlw has been printing off the threads and giving them to Marty.

Maybe THAT explains his work last night!

I just go with the flow - I think he enjoys his job and likes what he is doing. I'm going to listen if I can. (can is the operative word)
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

This tired old thread is back again? I don't understand why people who don't like Marty just don't listen and move on. It is simply entertainment...if you don't like it, don't listen. There are other options from which to choose.

Quote Originally Posted by big boy
    This tired old thread is back again? I don't understand why people who don't like Marty just don't listen and move on. It is simply entertainment...if you don't like it, don't listen. There are other options from which to choose.
    If you don't like a thread why complain about it?

Just don't read it, just move on.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    Either Marty lurks here (RedsRadioGuy?) or Matt700wlw has been printing off the threads and giving them to Marty.

Maybe THAT explains his work last night!

I just go with the flow - I think he enjoys his job and likes what he is doing. I'm going to listen if I can. (can is the operative word)
    I had nothing to do with it....

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw
    I had nothing to do with it....
    So, what you are saying is that Marty lurks here.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    If you don't like a thread why complain about it?

Just don't read it, just move on.
    Nice try WOY but I did not complain about the thread...I just don't understand it and was offering advice to those who don't like Marty.

Quote Originally Posted by big boy
    Nice try WOY but I did not complain about the thread...I just don't understand it and was offering advice to those who don't like Marty.
    I know.. I was being facetious.

BTW it's good advice, I've been avoiding him for most of the year.

Go Redlegs!!!!

People need to realize that the Marty and Joe Golden Era is gone and will never come back.

Makes me sad too. I really took it for granted in the sense that I thought they'd do it forever.

But people get old.

You can't hold Marty's broadcasts today under the same scrutiny as the gems from the past.

That time is gone. And that being said, he doesn't do too bad compared to most other sports announcers.
    "Its easy to love a winner like LeafGuard." -Marty Brennaman commenting on the Reds pitching staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Alex
    And that being said, he doesn't do too bad compared to most other sports announcers.
    he could be a lot better with more of a focus on the game itself and less on inane topics that interest him(and few others).

No way in hell Marty should get the boot.

Mark me a Marty fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Furgoo
    No way in hell Marty should get the boot.
    Very few, if any posters are calling for Marty to lose his job.

"The Cold Hard Facts Of Life" are that many of us have listened to and grown to love Marty ever since his rookie year. Some will say the failure of the Reds to produce a winning team has turned him into a bored and bitter man.

Others might say his induction into the HOF and reputation for Tellin' It Like It Is" just may have swollen his head.

All we as listeners ask for when we follow the game on radio is play by play and some idea of what is happening on the field.

Is that too much to ask for?

I don't have any problem following the game when Marty is at the mike, so I'm not really sure if it is or it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC
    I don't have any problem following the game when Marty is at the mike...
    Me neither.

Turn Off Ads?