Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who will win Saturday's game: Texas or Ohio State?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ohio State

24 68.57%
  • Texas

11 31.43%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buckeyes Vs. Longhorns........who ya got?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Buckeyes Vs. Longhorns........who ya got?

In the biggest non-confrence regular season game in a very, very long time these two teams go head to head in Columbus in primetime Saturday night. Just kind of wondering what everyone's got for scores and mabye a little reason why.

Bucks-38
    Texas-21

And I wouldnt even have it that close if Zwick wasnt going to get to play for OSU. Figure in his 2 INT's and that should help Texas at 21. Young wont be able to run for more then 50 yards.

Re: Buckeyes Vs. Longhorns........who ya got?

OSU 28-20. Texas continues the tradition of choking in a big game.

I don't know who I got.

But I do know what I got:

Two tickets in A Deck on the 20 yard line and a plane ticket up for the weekend.

As a side note, my next door neighbors are Michigan grads. I think a little piece of them dies each time I say "Ohio State" and "Texas".

Dude, how did you score tickets and do you know of an outlet to get an extra. I've got season tickets at Michigan Stadium on the goal line. I've been looking for someone who's willing to give me one OSU-Texas ticket for my extra ticket to the OSU - Michigan game. I've had no luck. I just don't know enough OSU people anymore.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    Dude, how did you score tickets and do you know of an outlet to get an extra.
    Long story short, I've got some relatives who have been season ticket holders for many many years. When the game came up on the schedule several years ago, I put the word out that I'd be interested in tickets to this game. A combination of luck, misfortune, and providence have resulted in my dad & I ending up with 2 of the tickets.

(Think the relatives who had the rest of the tickets sold them and are vacationing on some tropical island this weekend... )

OBM - An Aggie rooting for the Longhorns? Isn't that the kind of sacrilege that will get you shot in and around most parts of the Lone Star State?

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan
    OBM - An Aggie rooting for the Longhorns? Isn't that the kind of sacrilege that will get you shot in and around most parts of the Lone Star State?
    Ya know, this game is really a lose-lose situation for me. I can't stand either team but since it an out of conference game, I don't really mind Texas winning.

Now when conference play comes around, I hope Texas loses every game.

But A&M is just one of the few teams I root for among others...Texas A&M, NC State, Hawaii, Southern Cal, Louisville, Alabama...
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 09-08-2005 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    Dude, how did you score tickets and do you know of an outlet to get an extra. I've got season tickets at Michigan Stadium on the goal line. I've been looking for someone who's willing to give me one OSU-Texas ticket for my extra ticket to the OSU - Michigan game. I've had no luck. I just don't know enough OSU people anymore.
    Buddy - believe me when I say I tried my butt off to try and get tix. And I know wuite a few OSU fans, friends, acquaintences too. And the only way you would get their tix for that game is to kill them and dispose of the body.

A couple told me that if you go over and tailgate, you can always get tickets. And if it's right before the game, you can get a good deal usually.

My prediction (after seeing that Texas tail back) 28-21 Texas. I'm keeping my hopes up for the Bucks; but their defense is gonna have to be on to win this game. Will missed tackles be a determining factor?

How long does Tressel hang with Zwick before going to Smith?

Anyone want to chat during this game? I'll post a thread saturday to remind anyone.
    Last edited by GAC; 09-08-2005 at 05:00 PM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I've got to agree with Danny on this one.

Lived in Austin for 7 years and had to put up with the Longhorn stuff, but the big games came around and ..... *Gasp* *Cough* DOH!

OSU - 31, UT -20
    In those things which we commit to practice we can master, and with mastery we have the freedom to use these skills whenever we desire, without this practice we are slaves to our inability.

Texas 24
    Ohio State 20

Go Longhorns! :
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 09-08-2005 at 01:58 PM.

MWM a friend of mine just scored a ticket to Saturdays game for 28$ face value. He managed to get it off some kid we went to high school with.

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake
    MWM a friend of mine just scored a ticket to Saturdays game for 28$ face value. He managed to get it off some kid we went to high school with.
    Something tells me that, perhaps, this "kid" might have skipped class the day they taught about the laws of supply and demand...

These two abbreviations/rules govern my college sports interests.

ABD- "Anybody but Duke" (basketball)
    ABB- "Anybody but the Buckeyes" (football)
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Texas by 7
    Go Gators!

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

I am definitely leaning towards OSU with Texas not being able to get over the Oklahoma hump the last few years and with Oklahoma stinking it up the last two years at the end of the season. I am begining to believe the Big 12 is just an overhyped mess. But the season is young and maybe Texas is better then before but I wouldn't say so just yet.

I'd rather face Texas later and Penn State sooner - oh well.

Ought to be fun - glad it's in Columbus this year.

Bucks win---but not by much 14-9
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Turn Off Ads?