Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Schwarzenegger to veto gay marriage bill

Re: Schwarzenegger to veto gay marriage bill

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    So, if someone is playing Russian roulette, you say "hey, why don't you get married?" I don't get your last statement at all.
    Huh? That brings us further from the discussion than before.

Who's playing Russian roulette? Here's the breakdown: men get HIV from other men; men give HIV to women; men essentially never get HIV from women (unless they get it fetally). That's the transmission path, roughly.

How safe you are in terms of contraception changes the whole framework. You're leaping to the conclusion that not only are gay men more likely to transmit by the nature of gay sex, they also don't practice safe sex. Which is patently untrue. Don't confuse those ideas.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    Huh? That brings us further from the discussion than before.

Who's playing Russian roulette? Here's the breakdown: men get HIV from other men; men give HIV to women; men essentially never get HIV from women (unless they get it fetally). That's the transmission path, roughly.

How safe you are in terms of contraception changes the whole framework. You're leaping to the conclusion that not only are gay men more likely to transmit by the nature of gay sex, they also don't practice safe sex. Which is patently untrue. Don't confuse those ideas.
    not to mention the whole promiscuity angle.

and i realize ahead of time i'll likely get slapped around for this one but since this is supposed to create thought debate etc...since some in here find nothing immoral with homosexuality at all--if you were in a hospital and needed a transfusion to save your life and you had jerry falwell or rock hudsons(assuming he was still alive) blood to choose from--who's would you take(wow here come the jokes now)

Quote Originally Posted by BUTLER REDSFAN
    and i realize ahead of time i'll likely get slapped around for this one but since this is supposed to create thought debate etc...since some in here find nothing immoral with homosexuality at all--if you were in a hospital and needed a transfusion to save your life and you had jerry falwell or rock hudsons(assuming he was still alive) blood to choose from--who's would you take(wow here come the jokes now)
    A klansman and a jew walk into a bar with Mother Teresa and a wheelbarrow.....

On the indigenous side we should be involved with the processes of law-making. We should pray and work to shape our culture, its customs and laws, so that it reflects the revealed will of God, even if that reflection is only external and dim and embraced by unbelievers with wrong motives. Thus we should pray and work that marriage would be understood and treated in our land and by our government as a lifelong union of one man and one woman.
    If that's the case, how much praying and working has been done to outlaw divorce? Very little, because divorce is a reality in the lives of many Christians. Homosexuality isn't a reality in their lives (or at least many of them refuse to recognize it as a reality), so it gets all the attention.

That article plays a nice little tune, but ultimately rings flat.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

if you were in a hospital and needed a transfusion to save your life and you had jerry falwell or rock hudsons(assuming he was still alive) blood to choose from--who's would you take(wow here come the jokes now)
    Gee, my choice is confirmed HIV-positive blood, or the blood of a guy I disagree with. That's kind of a one-sided setup, don't ya think?
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    Gee, my choice is confirmed HIV-positive blood, or the blood of a guy I disagree with. That's kind of a one-sided setup, don't ya think?
    johnny...no not really .

johnny...no not really .
    Yeah, it is. But not really surprising considering your other outlandish posts on the subject.

outlandish posts??? maybe this last one yeah--but the rest were from redcross.org--how is that outlandish>>> lotta people on here good at lettin the little snotty remarks fly----but wont deal with the topic itself---u gotta problem with it call the red cross

Citing the Red Cross guidelines is actually pretty ridiculous because they're tremendously outdated. They have these guidelines in place because of the AIDS epidemic that hit in the early 80's, but they are pretty much moot because all blood products undergo an extensive screening process for disease before they're even put into blood stock.

outlandish posts??? maybe this last one yeah--but the rest were from redcross.org--how is that outlandish>>> lotta people on here good at lettin the little snotty remarks fly----but wont deal with the topic itself---u gotta problem with it call the red cross
    Perhaps it's because you've interpreted their guidelines to mean something completely and totally factually inaccuarate? I don't know, that just may just have something to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin Fan
    Perhaps it's because you've interpreted their guidelines to mean something completely and totally factually inaccuarate? I don't know, that just may just have something to do with it.
    not sure what exactly was factually inaccurate....you're giving what for over my comments?? u wanna get a blood transfusion that it tainted??? go for it

not sure what exactly was factually inaccurate....you're giving what for over my comments?? u wanna get a blood transfusion that it tainted??? go for it
    Did you read what I said? Donated blood goes through extensive testing for disease before it's ever put out there for the public. It undergoes quality control. Blood tainted with common diseases like HIV/AIDS, hepatitis, and the like never makes it through to the public and is disposed of. This isn't the 1980's anymore when we didn't have those capabilities.
    Last edited by Larkin Fan; 09-13-2005 at 12:37 AM.

u wanna get a blood transfusion that it tainted???
    HIV? Hepatitis? Syphillis? Other Bloodborne Pathogens? Those are all real concerns. And that's why they screen for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    HIV? Hepatitis? Syphillis? Other Bloodborne Pathogens? Those are all real concerns. And that's why they screen for them.
    johnny--all im referring to here is that some on here actually seem to be arguing with the fact that the red cross is trying to keep their blood supply as safe as possible...would any1 on here seriously let their kid who needed a transfusion have one if they knew(somehow) the blood was from a gay man??? or even a prostitute??....if there is even a shadow of a doubt that whoever is donating is questionable then dont let them donate

Turn Off Ads?