Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Google Earth

Re: Google Earth

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph
    There are so many trees where I live that it's basically all I can see, but it's still awesome.
    You can't see our house either, but I do have a better idea of how big the woods are where we live. I really wasn't sure.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

2. Turn Off Ads?

Beast or Son of Beast?
    Last edited by TeamCasey; 11-15-2007 at 10:40 AM.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

What''s really cool is it is world wide. I can look at places I lived all over the world. But the bad part is that it's just another tool for terrorist/bad guys to use. I can even make out where I lived in Iraq and it has handy grid coordinates.

Ann Arbor is just a blur. It won't focus in on this area. Also, I wanted to get a closer look at Utah and Omaha beach, which you would think would be pretty clear, and it won't focus in there either. So it hasn't reached everywhere yet.

But you can see the gazebo in the backyard and the red car in the driveway of my old house.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    I'm keeping my curtains closed you perverts.
    Do you mind if I borrow that book that is on your coffee table right now? Just nod your head if it is okay.....

Future Reds All Star

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey
    Beast or Son of Beast?
    Son of.

Sounds alot like a program I have been running for a while now called world wind it is a NASA program that allows you to not only observe different terrains, but also see weather patterns.

Also if anyone is interested there is also a similar program that is used for observation of space. It allows you to zoom in on planets, stars, meteors or I think even space craft. It can be a good tool also for ametuer astronmers as it runs in real time and you can see what the your night time sky looks like. Here it is celestia. Must add on here this program is not supported by NASA.

My house isn't even built yet on Google Earth... My neighbors seem to be enjoying the construction equipment.

I just zoomed in on Rickenbacker, and you can see exactly how the tankers are parked on the ramps. I haven't tried Springfield-Beckley yet to see if it shows the F-16's parked in their spaces. I could easily see this as a tool that could be used to do us harm. I know the pictures are dated, but at Rickenbacker our airplanes are still parked as you see them in the image.

Piqua is largely a blur...which actually is rather accurate.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

The 2005 Reds are now in their positions at Great American.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

This program is great.

Incidentally, it appears that, at the time of photography, the Tulane University Baseball team was having B.P.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Photo of my neighborhood is a couple of years old, but it has plenty of detail.

This thing sure does use all the horsepower of my vintage PC, though.

Future Reds All Star

I still can't get it to work for me!

Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit
    Piqua is largely a blur...which actually is rather accurate.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Turn Off Ads?