Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UK Hall of Fame Weekend Photo Gallery

UK Hall of Fame Weekend Photo Gallery

Hall of Fame Weekend Photo Gallery

09/12/2005
    All 88 individuals who have previously had their jersey retired at Kentucky became inducted into the newly created UK Athletics Hall of Fame this weekend. The inductees were treated to a dinner at the Marriott Griffen Gate and were honored at halftime of the Kentucky/Idaho State football game on Saturday. Click here for more information on the UK Athletics Hall of Fame.

Follow this link for some thumbnails of the evening. Lots of old timers.

http://www.ukathletics.com/index.php...ange_well_id=2

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: UK Hall of Fame Weekend Photo Gallery

Thanks for posting! That looked like a great weekend for all UK fans.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

At halftime of the game Saturday, they brought all of the HOFers on the field and introduced them individually. Notably absent was Jack Givens. Does that mean that he was not one of the 88 members, or does it mean that the university decided that the timing was a little "iffy" for him to be trotted out before the UK fans? Anyone?

Edit: Just checked the HOF website. Goose has already had his jersey retired; thus is also one of the HOF members. So, I guess that either they (UK) or he (Goose) did not think it was a good idea for him to wave to 65,000 fans on Saturday immediately subsequent to a nasty little child molestation trial. Go figure.
    Last edited by Blimpie; 09-12-2005 at 04:10 PM.
    "Booing on opening day is like telling grandma her house smells like old lady."--WOY

hmmmm, good question. Is his # retired?

If so, he was definitely inducted into the HoF.

Supposedly all 88 UK alum who've had their #'s retired were enshrined in uk HoF.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS
    hmmmm, good question. Is his # retired?

If so, he was definitely inducted into the HoF.

Supposedly all 88 UK alum who've had their #'s retired were enshrined in uk HoF.
    Wily...see my edited post.
    "Booing on opening day is like telling grandma her house smells like old lady."--WOY

Here's the list:

UK Athletics Hall of Fame Charter Class (88)

Member (Sport, Years)
    George Adams (FB 1981-84)
    Ermal Allen (FB 1939-41)
    Sam Ball (FB 1963-65)
    Cliff Barker (MBB 1947-49)
    Ralph Beard (MBB 1946-49)
    Calvin Bird (FB 1958-60)
    Jerry Bird (MBB 1954-56)
    Rodger Bird (FB 1963-65)
    George Blanda (FB 1945-48)
    Sam Bowie (MBB 1980-81, ‘84)
    Paul “Bear” Bryant (FB Coach 1946-53)
    Warren Bryant (FB 1974-76)
    Bob Burrow (MBB 1955-56)
    Burgess Carey (MBB 1925-26)
    Jerry Claiborne (FB Coach 1982-89)
    Blanton Collier (FB Coach 1954-61)
    Sonny Collins (FB 1972-75)
    Ray Correll (FB 1951-53)
    Tim Couch (FB 1996-98)
    Johnny Cox (MBB 1957-59)
    Louie Dampier (MBB 1965-67)
    Bob Davis (FB 1935-37)
    Dermontti Dawson (FB 1984-87)
    John “Frenchy” DeMoisey (MBB 1932-34)
    Billy Evans (MBB 1952, ‘54-55)
    Richie Farmer (MBB 1989-92)
    Joe Federspiel (FB 1969-71)
    Deron Feldhaus (MBB 1989-92)
    Bob Gain (FB 1947-50)
    Jack Givens (MBB 1975-78)
    Irv Goode (FB 1959-61)
    Phil Grawemeyer (MBB 1954-56)
    Kevin Grevey (MBB 1973-75)
    Alex Groza (MBB 1945, ‘47-49)
    Cliff Hagan (MBB 1951-52, ’54)
    Joe B. Hall (MBB Coach 1973-85)
    Vernon Hatton (MBB 1956-58)
    Basil Hayden (MBB 1920-22)
    Mark Higgs (FB 1984-87)
    Tom Hutchinson (FB 1960-62)
    Dan Issel (MBB 1968-70)
    Clyde Johnson (FB 1940-42)
    Wah Wah Jones (MBB 1946-49, FB 1945-48)
    Bill Keightley (Equipment Mgr. 1962-present)
    John “Shipwreck” Kelly (FB 1929-31)
    Ralph Kercheval (FB 1931-33)
    Rick Kestner (FB 1963-65)
    Jim Kovach (FB 1974-76, ‘78)
    Cawood Ledford (Broadcaster 1953-92)
    Dicky Lyons (FB 1966-68)
    Kyle Macy (MBB 1978-80)
    Keith Madison (BB Coach 1979-2003)
    Jamal Mashburn (MBB 1991-93)
    Charlie McClendon (FB 1949-50)
    Steve Meilinger (FB 1951-52-53)
    Lou Michaels (FB 1955-56-57)
    Doug Moseley (FB 1949-51)
    Cotton Nash (MBB 1962-64)
    Rick Norton (FB 1963-65)
    Rick Nuzum (FB 1972-74)
    Vito “Babe” Parilli (FB 1949-51)
    John Pelphrey (MBB 1989-92)
    Rick Pitino (MBB Coach 1990-97)
    Derrick Ramsey (FB 1975-77)
    Frank Ramsey (MBB 1951-52, ‘54)
    Jay Rhodemyre (FB 1942, ‘46-47)
    Pat Riley (MBB 1965-67)
    Rick Robey (MBB 1975-78)
    Dave Roller (FB 1968-70)
    Kenny Rollins (MBB 1943, ‘47-48)
    Gayle Rose (MBB 1952, ’54-55)
    Layton “Mickey” Rouse (MBB 1938-40)
    Adolph Rupp (MBB Coach 1931-72)
    Forest “Aggie” Sale (MBB 1931-33)
    Howard Schnellenberger (FB 1952-55)
    Larry Seiple (FB 1964-66)
    Washington “Wash” Serini (FB 1944-47)
    Bernie Shively (AD ‘38-67, FB Coach 1945)
    Carey Spicer (MBB (1929-31)
    Bill Spivey (MBB 1950-51)
    Art Still (FB 1974-77)
    Valerie Still (WBB 1980-83)
    Lou Tsioropoulos (MBB 1951-54)
    Herschel Turner (FB 1961-63)
    Harry Ulinski (FB 1946-49)
    Jeff Van Note (FB 1966-68)
    Kenny Walker (MBB 1983-86)
    Sean Woods (MBB 1990-92)

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie
    At halftime of the game Saturday, they brought all of the HOFers on the field and introduced them individually. Notably absent was Jack Givens. Does that mean that he was not one of the 88 members, or does it mean that the university decided that the timing was a little "iffy" for him to be trotted out before the UK fans? Anyone?

Edit: Just checked the HOF website. Goose has already had his jersey retired; thus is also one of the HOF members. So, I guess that either they (UK) or he (Goose) did not think it was a good idea for him to wave to 65,000 fans on Saturday immediately subsequent to a nasty little child molestation trial. Go figure.
    Hmmm, what's that they say about discretion being the better part of valor?

Post To Contact

I'm sure glad this weekend's hall of fame ceremonies went better considering the accompanying football game. Remember last year's Ohio University debacle?!
    “[He] called me a ‘rapist’ and a ‘recluse.’ I’m not a recluse.” - Mike Tyson

Wily: I know that this is off-topic, but it's your thread so....

What do you think about the charges and/or his acquittal? Personally, I think he did it.
    Last edited by macro; 09-14-2005 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Masked Profanity

Hey blimpie, did you know that you can listen to all UK athletic events on the UK website? Living in Cleveland, I figured I would go bonkers missing any UK bball, but with the announced schedule--I can't BELIEVE how many national telecasts we have this year!!--combined with being able to catch any other games on UK Radio via Web, I'm pretty relieved.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS
    Hey blimpie, did you know that you can listen to all UK athletic events on the UK website? Living in Cleveland, I figured I would go bonkers missing any UK bball, but with the announced schedule--I can't BELIEVE how many national telecasts we have this year!!--combined with being able to catch any other games on UK Radio via Web, I'm pretty relieved.
    I haven't seen the "media" schedule--just the dates/times of the games...but somebody told me that there will be absolutely ZERO taped delay games this year. Every game will be shown live (in LEX anyway)

Wily: I know that this is off-topic, but it's your thread so WTF....

What do you think about the charges and/or his acquittal? Personally, I think he did it.
    -- GIVENS' FRIEND: "There's No Way It Could Be True"
    SPEAKING OUT: Givens Responds To Sex Assault Accusations

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- A face and voice of the Orlando Magic, Jack Givens, is denying accusations that he sexually assaulted a 14-year-old girl. But detectives say their case is strong.

Channel 9 has learned some of the strongest evidence against Givens was found on a computer confiscated from his home late Monday night.

The official charge is sexual battery and lewd molestation of a 14-year-old girl. The crime allegedly happened at the girl's home on June 18th.

Detectives say Jack Givens admitted being in the pool with the girl, even being in her bedroom, but he denied touching her inappropriately. Now detectives say they have the evidence to prove he did.

"This is a very good case," says Detective Sandy Cawn, Orange County Sheriff's Office.

It's a very bad accusation against a basketball great. The 14-year-old girl says Jack Givens sexually battered her after a private basketball lesson at her home.

"Mr. Givens realizes that now, it seems, that was probably not an appropriate thing for him to do," says Det. Cawn.

The pair finished playing ball and decided to go swimming. Detectives say Givens assaulted the girl twice in the pool. She got out and went to change clothes. It happened a third time in her bedroom. An arrest affidavit said he penetrated the girl three times with his finger and then tried to get the girl's hand and lips to touch his genitals.

"I think we probably have more evidence in this case than we've had in some other cases we've actually got convictions on," says Det. Cawn. "We've got convincing evidence the crimes did occur. There's obviously medical evidence."

There's also evidence on several computers seized from Givens' home. Detectives asked the victim to instant message him writing, "What you did, you do admit that was wrong. Am I correct?" Givens replied, "You are correct." The victim then wrote, "And you promise not to do it again?" Givens responded, "Of course."

"She's pretty frustrated he is denying. She is doing good. She's 14, you know, she's upset," says Det. Cawn.

Givens knew the girl for six months to a year. He coached in a basketball league and she played on a competing team. Detectives say the girl's story has been more consistent than his.

"All I can do is work as hard as I can for her to bring her some justice and help her," comments Det. Cawn.

Detectives say they want this case to move quickly. They hope to get it to the State Attorney's Office for review by the end of this week.

Detectives say the girl told her mother about the incident right after it happened, but her mother decided to wait to talk with the girl's father, who was out of town, before reporting it. That's why it took five days to report.

Copyright 2004 by wftv.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

I dunno, Blimpie, I hate to believe he would do it; but putting yourself in such an untenable position... it certainly doesn't look good for him...

You just can't put yourself in situations like that and not expect for accusations--whether true or not--to occur.

Dumb dumb dumb. Whether he did it or not,,, who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by Big Donkey
    I'm sure glad this weekend's hall of fame ceremonies went better considering the accompanying football game. Remember last year's Ohio University debacle?!
    Even with the win, this weekend was even worse, if you can believe it....the amount of serious injuries sustained during the Idaho State game was absolutely mind-boggling.

I haven't seen the "media" schedule--just the dates/times of the games...but somebody told me that there will be absolutely ZERO taped delay games this year. Every game will be shown live (in LEX anyway)
    LOL, I'm thinking of having my mom tape the games and mail 'em to me. I'll avoid all radio and television until I get the tapes!! LOL.

(BTW, my alma mater, GTown College, plays UK preseason... should be interesting! GTown always plays a few big boys each year; highly doubtful they'll win, but will be a real blast for all involved, esp. GTown)

Happy Osbourne always brings in some big time transfers who played big time college ball somewhere the previous season, so ya never know!!!

There's also evidence on several computers seized from Givens' home. Detectives asked the victim to instant message him writing, "What you did, you do admit that was wrong. Am I correct?" Givens replied, "You are correct." The victim then wrote, "And you promise not to do it again?" Givens responded, "Of course."
    How, again, was he acquitted? I loved Goose, but he is absolutely guilty on this evidence alone.

Turn Off Ads?