Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Michael Moore to do anti-Bush/Katrina doc?

Michael Moore to do anti-Bush/Katrina doc?

from www.imdb.com:

Moore To Capture Katrina on Film?

Controversial film-maker Michael Moore is planning to make a hard-hitting documentary based on Us President George W. Bush's handling of the Hurricane Katrina rescue operation. Moore grabbed international acclaim with his scathing 2004 film Fahrenheit 9/11, which studied Bush's handling of the September 11th terrorist attacks. The Oscar winner is now "seriously considering" documenting the catastrophe in America's Gulf Coast region. He tells the New York Daily News, "There is much to be said and done about the man-made annihilation of New Orleans, caused not by a hurricane but by the very specific decisions made by the Bush administration in the past four and a half years. Do not listen to anyone who says we can discuss all this later. No, we can't. Our country is in an immediate state of vulnerability. More hurricanes, wars, and other disasters are on the way, and a lazy bunch of self-satisfied lunatics are still running the show."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Michael Moore to do anti-Bush/Katrina doc?

Anything to make a buck, and keep up on his limo and penthouse payments.

This statement says it all...."There is much to be said and done about the man-made annihilation of New Orleans, caused not by a hurricane but by the very specific decisions made by the Bush administration in the past four and a half years."

I guarantee you Michael's research will not include any factual data by the Army Corp of Engineers on those leveee systems, or that his "buddy" Clinton also made those systems victims of budget constraints.

But when has Moore ever let truth stand in the way of his leftwing propaganda?

And I loved it when Oprah showed up down there. Yes, she did bring water and other supplies (which I commend her for). But when asked why she was here, she basically responded it was to gather stories for future shows. Do ya think you could wait until the flood waters recede some, and they get people out Oprah before you start shoving a mic in their faces??
    Last edited by GAC; 09-13-2005 at 08:13 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    And I loved it when Oprah showed up down there. Yes, she did bring water and other supplies (which I commend her for). But when asked why she was here, she basically responded it was to gather stories for future shows. Do ya think you could wait until the flood waters recede some, and they get people out Oprah before you start shoving a mic in their faces??
    You watch Oprah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    You watch Oprah.
    Hell no! She said that when being interviewed by the media down there.

I'm more into Judge Judy. Anyone one who decides to go before a female Jewish judge on PMS is nuts!!!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Hell no! She said that when being interviewed by the media down there.
    You watch Oprah.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

I guarantee you Michael's research will not include any factual data by the Army Corp of Engineers on those leveee systems, or that his "buddy" Clinton also made those systems victims of budget constraints.
    Moore doesn't like Clinton. I believe in one of his books he refers to him as "The best Republican president we've ever had" or some such.

Quote Originally Posted by pahster
    Moore doesn't like Clinton. I believe in one of his books he refers to him as "The best Republican president we've ever had" or some such.
    Then he should include that in his movie then - he gets two for the price of one.

But you want to bet he doesn't?

Wouldn't surprise me if he did. I doubt he'd get as much screentime as Bush though.

Just remember when you are in a discussion/debate with the liberal minded that Michael Moore is a card carrying member of the "intelligentsia" (spelled properly just for you ochre ) in our great nation. The spokesmodel for the left, if you will.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Yawn. I already know Michael Moore's agenda, I don't need to spend $10 on a movie just to confirm it.

The spokesmodel for the left, if you will.
    That's a load... Michael Moore is a filmmaker first and foremost, he's no more "spokesman" for the left than Robertson is for the Christian.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    That's a load... Michael Moore is a filmmaker first and foremost, he's no more "spokesman" for the left than Robertson is for the Christian.
    Yeah, but he's good at making people pay money and believe that he is.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Ok, I'll remember that when this "documentary" comes out and the left wingers start posting things he says as if God himself had audibly spoke such as happened from the F911 piece. People are still repeating his conjectures from that movie as if they're true, even though much of what he asserted in that piece of trash was shown to be patently false.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    Ok, I'll remember that when this "documentary" comes out and the left wingers start posting things he says as if God himself had audibly spoke such as happened from the F911 piece. People are still repeating his conjectures from that movie as if they're true, even though much of what he asserted in that piece of trash was shown to be patently false.
    Which parts were false tr?
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

And here we go.......
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Turn Off Ads?