Turn Off Ads?

Thread: New Details In Wheeling Baby's Death

New Details In Wheeling Baby's Death

As a father and a resident of the Ohio Valley, I'm completely appalled at this and I can't fathom what this little girl went through or what she was thinking. I have a 4 year old and a 19 month old, both boys. Preface that my wife is nowhere near like that, not even close, but if I was that afraid of my wife, I'd take the kid to the hospital, tell the doctors the situation and ask for help. There was absolutely no reason for that little girl to die. Crimes against kids need to be more severely sentenced than they currently are. My sentence would be to smother them in feces, put them in a crib like building with no roof but bars like a crib and then throw bugs on them. Never let them eat, drink or bathe. Might be a little overboard, but SHE WAS 2. NO REASON. I seriously cannot think about this without getting angry. At this point only the father has been arrested. Here's the text off of WTOV9.com, our local news station website.

WHEELING, WV -- Saturday's news release from Wheeling Police, regarding the death of 2-year-old Mataea Isenhower, mentioned unsanitary living conditions, especially around the crib where the girl's body was found. The criminal complaint, which NEWS9 obtained from the Wheeling PD, details how unsanitary it was.
    The report from detectives says the girl was found dead in her crib... "her hair was infested with bugs that were crawling throughout her scalp and forehead." The report also details bugs crawling on the baby's chest and abdomen area. The wall above her crib, plus the crib itself and crib rail, were covered with human feces. According to the report, the baby's father, Terry Isenhower, told Police his daughter had been sick for a few days, but he claimed his wife had ordered him not to call the doctor because she feared the authorities would take their children away from them. Says the detective's report, "I then asked him if he thought Mataea's death was caused from lack of medical treatment, and he said, 'Yes, it's all my fault.'"
    Of course, the kids were taken away anyway, by the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources, and on Monday the DHHR tells NEWS9 they have been successfully placed in foster homes. Not having the kids around will come as no shock to neighbors of the Isenhowers, who describe the family to NEWS9 as "reclusive", and "seldom seen outside the house". One neighbor, who agreed to an on-camera interview but asked to remain anonymous, says no one really knew anything about the family. "Truthfully, I didn't even know they had kids. The kids never came out, I didn't even know they had 'em. I've never seen them out," says the neighbor. The DHHR will not comment on the Isenhowers' history with their agency until any criminal charges which might be filed against the couple go to trial.
    Both Wheeling Police and the Ohio County Prosecutor's Office say once they know what caused Mataea's death, they'll decide on further charges for Terry Isenhower, and whether to charge his wife as well.

Sorry all. don't mean to make everyone depressed. But this is the type of thing that is going on in our society and I cannot figure out why. Why do people do this to children.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Future Reds All Star

Re: New Details In Wheeling Baby's Death

Sad...very sad

Re: New Details In Wheeling Baby's Death

I couldn't get passed the bugs part. Poor kid comes into the world and is at the mercy of lunatic parents. There just has to be a special place for her in the afterlife.

And a special place for her parents, too.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Turn Off Ads?