Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I'm Lance McAlister

Re: I'm Lance McAlister

Quote Originally Posted by BadFundamentals
    The big leagues is not the place for on the job training if it doesn't have to be.
    It's September and the Reds are out of it. That sounds like the perfect time for job training at the big league level to me.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

2. Turn Off Ads?

We've seen it to the extreme with Pena and Larson. We've seen it to lesser extent with LaRue and others and now EE. This organization is again evidently dismissing this fundamental aspect of hitting (using whole field - particularly for RH hitters ! ! ) at minor league level as either unimportant or just not even a consideration.

No reason EE couldn't have been given marching orders to improve in this area at AAA. He is certainly young enough that there was time to wait. Instead, he is handed job at major league level with this obvious, glaring shortcoming in game.

Thank god for Chris Denorfia. It makes me think that either somehow some way something may be changing OR it's just dumb luck randomness.....either way, it proves it is possible...................

At Encarnacion's current rate, he'd commit 34 errors in 1,400 innings at 3B. That's 20 more errors than Randa would commit at his current rate. Then again, compare their Cincinnati range factors and Encarnacion would also make 93 more plays. Let me see, 93 more outs vs. 20 less errors. Golly, I'm having a hard time figuring out which one I'd rather have.

I'm with lollipop, the kid makes my eyes bug out with some of the plays he makes. The Reds haven't a guy with those kinds of skills at 3B since 1921.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Thank god for Chris Denorfia. It makes me think that either somehow some way something may be changing OR it's just dumb luck randomness.....either way, it proves it is possible...................
    LOL, you're going to compare EE to Denorfia? Wow.

I think you just lost what little credibility you may have had. Denorfia has a lot more odds to defy than EE does IMO.

Denorfia ceiling = 4th outfielder on a quality team...
    EE celing = starting 3b on a championship team with all star potential.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    At Encarnacion's current rate, he'd commit 34 errors in 1,400 innings at 3B. That's 20 more errors than Randa would commit at his current rate. Then again, compare their Cincinnati range factors and Encarnacion would also make 93 more plays. Let me see, 93 more outs vs. 20 less errors. Golly, I'm having a hard time figuring out which one I'd rather have.
    Come on. We all know that ground ball base hits are better to give up than errors, even though they both result in a runner on base. The hits don't count against your fielding percentage, and everyone knows that fielding percentage is the best indicator of defensive skill.

Ted Williams was such a dead pull hitter some team played the Williams shift. And we know he wasn't any good. I betcha someone somewhere told him he needed to spray the ball more. I can't type what I bet he said to that.

EE seems like a player to count on in the middle of the lineup for years to come and also shows great promise in the field. Considering his age, I really thought the Brandon Larson talk would end after the first few weeks since the Randa trade. The only similarity I see between the two are that they both played third base at Louisville.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by cincyinco
    LOL, you're going to compare EE to Denorfia? Wow.

I think you just lost what little credibility you may have had. Denorfia has a lot more odds to defy than EE does IMO.

Denorfia ceiling = 4th outfielder on a quality team...
    EE celing = starting 3b on a championship team with all star potential.
    it's ok......I'll explain since you obviously missed the point and instead just made a senseless attack.

POINT is, Denorfia is a right handed hitter who clearly comes to plate ready and able to USE WHOLE FIELD. Yes, his lack of tools make him appear to ultimately have a not too high ceiling but that same thing could have been said of Pete Rose. We'll see in time.............

it's ok......I'll explain since you obviously missed the point and instead just made a senseless attack.

POINT is, Denorfia is a right handed hitter who clearly comes to plate ready and able to USE WHOLE FIELD. Yes, his lack of tools make him appear to ultimately have a not too high ceiling but that same thing could have been said of Pete Rose. We'll see in time.............

Denorfia has 8 ABs in his ML career. You can't possibly tell me that you know he's going to be some uber-disciplined hitter after only 8 ABs.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Guhhhhhhhhhh ...
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

25 year old with 228 AA ab's... I'm supposed to get excited about that?

Code:
    Year  	Team  		Lea  	G  	AB  	R  	H  	2B  	3B  	HR  	RBI  	BB  	SO  	SB  	CS  	OBP  	SLG  	AVG  	E

2004 	Chattanooga 	AA 	61 	221 	30 	55 	10 	2 	6 	27 	30 	42 	5 	2 	.340 	.394 	.249 	2
    	Potomac 	A 	75 	269 	52 	84 	18 	4 	11 	51 	48 	66 	10 	6 	.416 	.532 	.312 	4

2003 	Potomac 	A 	128 	470 	60 	111 	10 	5 	4 	39 	54 	106 	20 	7 	.317 	.304 	.236 	5

2002 	Chattanooga 	AA 	3 	7 	0 	3 	2 	1 	0 	0 	2 	1 	0 	0 	.556 	1.100 	.429 	0
    	Dayton 		A 	3 	10 	2 	0 	0 	0 	0 	0 	0 	3 	0 	0 	.000 	.000 	.000 	0
    	GCL Reds 	R 	57 	200 	38 	68 	9 	2 	0 	19 	31 	23 	18 	8 	.425 	.405 	.340 	4

TOTAL 			
    		AA 		64 	228 	30 	58 	12 	3 	6 	27 	32 	43 	5 	2 	.347 	.412 	.254 	2
    		A 		206 	749 	114 	195 	28 	9 	15 	90 	102 	175 	30 	13 	.350 	.382 	.260 	9
    		R 		57 	200 	38 	68 	9 	2 	0 	19 	31 	23 	18 	8 	.425 	.405 	.340 	4

Could someone please explain this thread's title to me?

Also, is BF's post a parady of Lance, or a wanna be of Lance, or just annoying?
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    Could someone please explain this thread's title to me?

Also, is BF's post a parady of Lance, or a wanna be of Lance, or just annoying?
    On Wednesday's, Lance does "I Believe" Wednesdays, where he and callers come strong on what they believe in the world of sports

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw
    On Wednesday's, Lance does "I Believe" Wednesdays, where he and callers come strong on what they believe in the world of sports
    It's Friday, so I'm guessing that out of all of the options TB gave, it fits the annoying on the best.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered
    Denorfia has 8 ABs in his ML career. You can't possibly tell me that you know he's going to be some uber-disciplined hitter after only 8 ABs.
    8 at bats, and 3 hits.

Yes, great way to back up your stance there BF.

Somehow, I dont think its ME thats missing the point..
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    It's Friday, so I'm guessing that out of all of the options TB gave, it fits the annoying on the best.
    Unless Lance IS BF
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?