Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I'm Lance McAlister

Re: I'm Lance McAlister

When Reds stop setting new marks in baseball history for strikeouts every year and become better with hitting/fielding fundamentals then yes, pitching will no doubt improve just by association.....................................
    The flying spaghetti monster of baseball.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BadFundamentals
    They made the effort last year - brought in the new faces and spent the money. They just seem to have brought the wrong faces in several cases.

When Reds stop setting new marks in baseball history for strikeouts every year and become better with hitting/fielding fundamentals then yes, pitching will no doubt improve just by association.....................................

We'll start seeing pitchers from other teams come to Cincy and instead of going up in flames, we'll see them pitching closer to what they are capable of doing. Funny how these things are connected in team sports - not as independent of one another as one might think.
    What pitcher wouldn't want to pitch with one of the league's top offenses to back him up?

Btw....You still haven't answered the question of the relevance of "using all fields".

Do extra bases discriminate?
    Last edited by wheels; 09-16-2005 at 08:14 PM.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

When the Reds strike out less, their pitching will get better.

That's BRILLIANT!

No doubt the Reds need better D to help the pitching, but offense has nothing to do with the success of pitching (other than W/L).
    School's out. What did you expect?

School's out. What did you expect?

The Reds will win games when they put a more talented team on the field. Encarnacion's going to be a big part of that. Denorfia might be too. Both are slashing, multiple skills players.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    Arrrrrrh, they've purloined our booty and keelhauled the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    The Reds will win games when they put a more talented team on the field. Encarnacion's going to be a big part of that. Denorfia might be too. Both are slashing, multiple skills players.
    Oh really? if you say so..........

Also, thanks for this private message to me...... "You are, quite simply, the most baseball-inept poster who's ever come to this board. I made the mistake of clicking open your post and the level of idiocy in every sentence you type is astounding."

Not only was your message clearly factually incorrect it was also rude and mean spirited. Seeing those types of communication help to remind me what I'm dealing with when discussing things with people like you.

Quote Originally Posted by wheels
    Btw....You still haven't answered the question of the relevance of "using all fields".
    You probably wouldn't get it. Yes, there are exceptions (Ted Williams etc...) but "using all fields", "going with the pitch", "hitting ball where it is pitched" is one of the fundamentals of hitting. It is along the same lines as the cliche "take what they're giving you" etc.. etc.........it is more about "process" then results so really no direct relationship with OPS or RC either so I suspect you would probably dismiss it as irrelevant.
    Last edited by BadFundamentals; 09-16-2005 at 08:29 PM.

I'm sorry but .

Hilarious. Too funny.

Also, thanks for this private message to me...... "You are, quite simply, the most baseball-inept poster who's ever come to this board. I made the mistake of clicking open your post and the level of idiocy in every sentence you type is astounding."

M2 =

OH, thank you KronoRed.....just FYI to everyone, evidently KronoRed just created a new rule. KronoRed said to me in a private message,

KronoRed "Don't post Privates Messages "

I have my own idea for a rule KronoRed...before littering up my inbox with rude comments, know that anything you post to me may end up on public forum if I decide to post it. In other words, assume no confidentiality when private messaging rude comments to me.

You're funny
    Go Gators!

Also, get your facts straight

That wasn't a PM.

Smarty
    Go Gators!

Anybody that negs BF is my hero. You da man, KR!

Actually that was part of the mandatory comments field in the neg I handed you, not a private message.

Though since you want to make that part of a public discussion. You're like the Redszone equivalent of the "We don't get French benefits?" Fedex commercial guy. You are not just constantly wrong. You are wrong in ocean-sized amounts.

We are all worse off for your having posted here.

Turn Off Ads?