Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UK vs. Indiana

UK vs. Indiana

Hmmm... 4th and 1/2 a yard on the 6 yard line...

I know, let's run a slow-developing sweep to the outside, that's a good idea.

Injuries have made this UK team look really, really bad.

Struggling this badly against Indiana and Boise St., SEC play is going to be killer for this team.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: UK vs. Indiana

I thank God I gave up on UK in football. Like I need any more humiliating teams right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

HAHAHAHA i can't help myself

Louisville sure was impressive today. They absolutely crushed Oregon St.

Man oh man... what a butt-whoopin'.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS
    Man oh man... what a butt-whoopin'.

Hey does anybody here know why Bob Davie the former coach of the Irish, never got back into coaching? I thought he got screwed at ND. The year after he left, they went 9-3 I believe. Do you think he would be a good fit for Kentucky? We need a "Name", I don't think Joker Phillips is ready for "prime-time" yet. Any suggestions? It's time to begin the "death watch" for coach Brooks.....it's over.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Everyone except Mitch Barnhardt realized that Rich Brooks was a mistake from the day he was hired. Lucky for him that he and Mitch were old friends, and well, old friends do these kinds of favors for one another, even if there are 1,001 other people who were more qualified for the job.

The first good move for UK football would be to show Barnhardt the door, followed by Brooks, and hire two competent people for those jobs. Oh, and stop trying to "hide" the game with UL by burying it in the schedule.

I stopped following UK football when Hal Dumme ran the program into the ground. I have no plans to start following it again any time soon. As uncomfortable as it makes me, I am rooting for UL to go undefeated. At least they know what they're doing and they're local.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Macro, as much as it pains me, you are exactly right.

I have to say though, Guy Morriss had this program headed in the right direction... but again, Barnhardt wanted his boy. Talk about some BS.

Barnhardt won't get the boot unless he somehow hurts the basketball program, that pays the bills at UK.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Barnhardt won't get the boot unless he somehow hurts the basketball program, that pays the bills at UK.
    Krono, I disagree. People in Central KY care about football. Either Barnhardt will get rid of Brooks or UK will get rid of Barnhardt.

UK Alum will not tolerate a bad/embarrassing UK football team. There are plenty of good coaches out there. UK has got a great recruiting base for football. No excuse whatsoever for them not to be competitive.

Post To Contact

I would have preferred Doug Williams to get the job to begin with over Rich Brooks, but as otherwise stated, everyone BUT Barnhardt seemed to not want Brooks. Guys like the aforementioend Bob Davie are out there, too, it's true. Frank Solich, while not 'good enough' for Nebraska, took a job at Ohio (though I believe he did have some type of history/background in southeastern Ohio). I remember hearing a few rumblings UK and Ron Zook could have been interested in each other following his announced-ahead-of-time firing at UF last year, but the Illinois job became open and he took it. There's guys out there, but I think it's just gonna go to Joker Phillips when Brooks is finally toast. They seem to be prepping for that.

UK should have gone after Spurrier, the difference between USC and UK with regards to their football programs is slight, big missed opportunity, but if the rumors I've heard are true that Spurrier told Holtz he would succeed him even before last year..then you can't place that all on UK's AD.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    UK should have gone after Spurrier, the difference between USC and UK with regards to their football programs is slight, big missed opportunity, but if the rumors I've heard are true that Spurrier told Holtz he would succeed him even before last year..then you can't place that all on UK's AD.
    I know for a fact that Spurrier got a membership to Augusta if he accepted the USC job. He is an avid golfer. That trumps UK anyday. South Carolina has a great high School football program as well. In 2 years they will be in the hunt for the SEC title.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Terry Hoeppner is a Godsend.

Turn Off Ads?