Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 133

Thread: Bengals v. Vikings

  1. #91
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,111

    Re: Bengals v. Vikings

    WMR, I'm not getting my point across. I think you mis-heard, and therefore are mis-quoting Daunte. I think that because I have not heard him say the kind of things you are saying that he said.
    So, you style yourself as a direct, straightforward kind of guy. Then, provide the quote. If it was on ESPN, they will have a link. If it was on a radio interview, they will have the interview. Please provide the links you have mentioned.
    If you can't provide them, as a person of integrity, it should be easy for you to say that you might have mis-heard or mis-interpreted what you initially claimed. It's not a big deal. If you find it difficult to admit that you are human and might have attributed something incorrectly (something everyone does occasionally), then that tells me something about you.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #92
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,960

    Re: Bengals v. Vikings

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHook
    Good Grief.

    Why don't you guys just whip you johnsons out, measure 'em, and end this pissing match already.

  4. #93
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,960

    Re: Bengals v. Vikings

    Quote Originally Posted by Betterread
    WMR, I'm not getting my point across. I think you mis-heard, and therefore are mis-quoting Daunte. I think that because I have not heard him say the kind of things you are saying that he said.
    So, you style yourself as a direct, straightforward kind of guy. Then, provide the quote. If it was on ESPN, they will have a link. If it was on a radio interview, they will have the interview. Please provide the links you have mentioned.
    If you can't provide them, as a person of integrity, it should be easy for you to say that you might have mis-heard or mis-interpreted what you initially claimed. It's not a big deal. If you find it difficult to admit that you are human and might have attributed something incorrectly (something everyone does occasionally), then that tells me something about you.
    I'll see if I can find it.

  5. #94
    Hisssssssss Yachtzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Land of the Lost
    Posts
    7,266

    Re: Bengals v. Vikings

    Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS
    I'm sorry I didn't use the proper ALWD citation form.
    Sorry, here at Redszone, we only use Bluebook. (A little law student humor)

  6. #95
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,960

    Re: Bengals v. Vikings

    Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee
    Sorry, here at Redszone, we only use Bluebook. (A little law student humor)

  7. #96
    Member CTA513's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    10,719

    Re: Bengals v. Vikings

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHook
    Good Grief.

    Why don't you guys just whip you johnsons out, measure 'em, and end this pissing match already.
    We all know someone will end up cheating.

  8. #97
    Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    east of WOY
    Posts
    5,045

    Re: Bengals v. Vikings

    This has been an entertaining thread. I don't read much on the non baseball part and rarely post over here, but I guess I'll jump in here for a wee bit. As far as the whole QB debate, I'd take any relatively talented QB if I have a good O line, a decent running game, and a good defense. That combination will win you more games than you will lose. I think a mediocre QB with a good supporting cast will do as well or better than a good QB who spends half the game running for his life. Culpepper is far better than what we've seen from him the last two games. Palmer would have done the same on that team if he's on his back half the time and running around like a headless chicken the other half. Anyone good enough to be a starting QB in the NFL will do well if he has enough protection. Carson has been getting the protection lately and he's had time to make the plays. He had a lot of time to make the throw on that first TD to Chad. Was Culpepper getting that kind of time? Not too often. To me it seems very similar to having a good lineup with no starting pitching. Where have we seen that before?

  9. #98
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,614

    Re: Bengals v. Vikings

    Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander
    As far as the whole QB debate, I'd take any relatively talented QB if I have a good O line, a decent running game, and a good defense. That combination will win you more games than you will lose. I think a mediocre QB with a good supporting cast will do as well or better than a good QB who spends half the game running for his life. Culpepper is far better than what we've seen from him the last two games. Palmer would have done the same on that team if he's on his back half the time and running around like a headless chicken the other half. Anyone good enough to be a starting QB in the NFL will do well if he has enough protection.
    No question about it, the entire Minnesota Vikings team is going through a tough time right now and I don't think anyone said that Culpepper is not a good QB. Their weak division will give them a chance to recover this year and the Bengals will try to help them by knocking off Chicago this weekend. If the Bears win this weekend then they'll be on their way and have to be considered the team to beat.

  10. #99
    One and a half men Patrick Bateman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    5,942

    Re: Bengals v. Vikings

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray
    No question about it, the entire Minnesota Vikings team is going through a tough time right now and I don't think anyone said that Culpepper is not a good QB. Their weak division will give them a chance to recover this year and the Bengals will try to help them by knocking off Chicago this weekend. If the Bears win this weekend then they'll be on their way and have to be considered the team to beat.
    You are exactly right. I would be very surprised if Daunte had a bad game this week. I look for him to rebound and for the Vikes to make a run for the division. After all he has been arguably the 2nd best QB the last 2 years so I don't put a lot of thought into the last 2 games even though he was obviously awful.

  11. #100
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Posts
    4,250

    Re: Bengals v. Vikings

    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Kearns
    I would be very surprised if Daunte had a bad game this week. I look for him to rebound and for the Vikes to make a run for the division.
    I remember a whole bunch of folks (myself included) saying the same thing after his week one debacle. Honestly, in all my years of watching the NFL, I have never seen a QB look worse than Daunte did against the Bengals. Not Akili Smith, not David Klingler, not even Ryan Leaf. I still think he can get it back together, but I'm not nearly as confident in him now as I was two weeks ago.

  12. #101
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,960

    Re: Bengals v. Vikings

    Quote Originally Posted by Betterread
    WMR, I'm not getting my point across. I think you mis-heard, and therefore are mis-quoting Daunte. I think that because I have not heard him say the kind of things you are saying that he said.
    So, you style yourself as a direct, straightforward kind of guy. Then, provide the quote. If it was on ESPN, they will have a link. If it was on a radio interview, they will have the interview. Please provide the links you have mentioned.
    If you can't provide them, as a person of integrity, it should be easy for you to say that you might have mis-heard or mis-interpreted what you initially claimed. It's not a big deal. If you find it difficult to admit that you are human and might have attributed something incorrectly (something everyone does occasionally), then that tells me something about you.
    Hey Betterread, you get HBO? Make sure to check out this week's edition of Inside The NFL. If the Vikings weren't whining about losing Randy Moss before, they sure are now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  13. #102
    Member kheidg-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,748

    Re: Bengals v. Vikings

    Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS
    Hey Betterread, you get HBO? Make sure to check out this week's edition of Inside The NFL. If the Vikings weren't whining about losing Randy Moss before, they sure are now!
    I live in Minnesota and don't hear nothing of what you say.

    You can laugh all you want (I'm not much of a Vikes fan either) but, whatever point you are trying to prove by gloating after you basically conceded in previous posts makes no sense.

    If I don't hear anything about what you are saying there is not much vailidity to it. IMO Culpepper is not a good QB to have heading your team, but that is just another reason why I'm not a vikes fan. But, he is not one of the worst QBs in the league. Look what he has done in the past seasons, and even without Moss his numbers aren't much different.

    If Moss is such a big deal why are his Raiders at 1-3 with a superior (in your mind) Collins at QB? Moss took plays off, was a constant headcase, WOULDN'T block, and never made a big catch across the middle in his life. He is a great "catch and run" receiver but is not what I look for in the prototypical go to guy.

    A friend I graduated HS with played football for the Vikings last year and was at Moss' house several times. Culpepper was never there and as far as I know they were never friends. The only people that miss him are the folks as KARE 11 TV that like to get his reaction to meaningless things.

  14. #103
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,960

    Re: Bengals v. Vikings

    Quote Originally Posted by kheidg-
    I live in Minnesota and don't hear nothing of what you say.

    You can laugh all you want (I'm not much of a Vikes fan either) but, whatever point you are trying to prove by gloating after you basically conceded in previous posts makes no sense.

    If I don't hear anything about what you are saying there is not much vailidity to it. IMO Culpepper is not a good QB to have heading your team, but that is just another reason why I'm not a vikes fan. But, he is not one of the worst QBs in the league. Look what he has done in the past seasons, and even without Moss his numbers aren't much different.

    If Moss is such a big deal why are his Raiders at 1-3 with a superior (in your mind) Collins at QB? Moss took plays off, was a constant headcase, WOULDN'T block, and never made a big catch across the middle in his life. He is a great "catch and run" receiver but is not what I look for in the prototypical go to guy.

    A friend I graduated HS with played football for the Vikings last year and was at Moss' house several times. Culpepper was never there and as far as I know they were never friends. The only people that miss him are the folks as KARE 11 TV that like to get his reaction to meaningless things.

    Well, if you don't hear anything of what I was talking about then you must not watch Inside the NFL. Cris Carter, former Viking, went to Viking-camp and interviewed a number of their veterans to ask them what is going on. He asked them about Randy Moss. Every single one of them said that they should not have traded Randy; that you can't just expect to replace the best player in the league BLAH BLAH BLAH Basically the exact same stuff that I said throughout this thread.

    I'm laughing because it's funny. If you aren't hearing what I'm talking about, well, I can explain why that is happening for you in very simple terms: You do not have HBO. To rectify this situation, you may either goto HBO.com or call your cable or satellite subscriber and tell them, "I want HBO!"

    If that isn't a possibility then just consult the website for show re-air times and head down to your local sportsbar. I'm sure they'll let you watch it. You might have to order an appetizer or something, but they're usually pretty cool about that.

    Ummm, no. Daunte is way better than Kerry Collins. Daunte knew where his bread was buttered. If Randy were getting the ball w/ the consistency that he was while w/ the Vikings I guarantee you Raiders are at least at .500 and probably above .500. The way they are using Randy Moss in Oakland should be considered criminal. He's near the top in yardage, but in all honestly, he should have ALOT more than that. Collins has just got to wake up.

    Well, KARE 11 asked about his TD celebrations... sort of hard to celebrate about TDs when you aren't scoring any w/ any regularity.

    Oh well:

    Vikings: Beat the Bears

    No more Boob/Booze Cruises till you go over .500; after that, Smoot and Tice will split the bill!!


    HEEEEEYA
    Last edited by WMR; 10-15-2005 at 04:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  15. #104
    Member kheidg-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,748

    Re: Bengals v. Vikings

    Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS
    Well, if you don't hear anything of what I was talking about then you must not watch Inside the NFL. Cris Carter, former Viking, went to Viking-camp and interviewed a number of their veterans to ask them what is going on. He asked them about Randy Moss. Every single one of them said that they should not have traded Randy; that you can't just expect to replace the best player in the league BLAH BLAH BLAH Basically the exact same stuff that I said throughout this thread.

    I'm laughing because it's funny. If you aren't hearing what I'm talking about, well, I can explain why that is happening for you in very simple terms: You do not have HBO. To rectify this situation, you may either goto HBO.com or call your cable or satellite subscriber and tell them, "I want HBO!"

    If that isn't a possibility then just consult the website for show re-air times and head down to your local sportsbar. I'm sure they'll let you watch it. You might have to order an appetizer or something, but they're usually pretty cool about that.

    Ummm, no. Daunte is way better than Kerry Collins. Daunte knew where his bread was buttered. If Randy were getting the ball w/ the consistency that he was while w/ the Vikings I guarantee you Raiders are at least at .500 and probably above .500. The way they are using Randy Moss in Oakland should be considered criminal. He's near the top in yardage, but in all honestly, he should have ALOT more than that. Collins has just got to wake up.

    Well, KARE 11 asked about his TD celebrations... sort of hard to celebrate about TDs when you aren't scoring any w/ any regularity.

    Oh well:

    Vikings: Beat the Bears

    No more Boob/Booze Cruises till you go over .500; after that, Smoot and Tice will split the bill!!


    HEEEEEYA

    Entertaining post WilyMo. Good prediction on the game tomorrow, I'm thinking the same as you.

    It's not that I don't get HBO. I don't really watch HBO. I like Bob Costas, but Cris Carter is nothing but self centered. Go do a some cocaine #80. Him and Moss were never friends to begin with. Randy was detrimental in the decline of CC, and CC whined and whined about it (not getting as many looks).

    Even though I haven't seen the episode of Inisde the NFL or whatever on HBO, I'd love to hear what players CC interviewed.
    Last edited by kheidg-; 10-16-2005 at 01:25 PM.

  16. #105
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,614

    Re: Bengals v. Vikings

    Quote Originally Posted by Betterread
    Do you doubt that the Bengals would trade Carson Palmer for Daunte in a minute if it was offered?
    Well now we know Daunte's value and it isn't even a first rd pick. The Dolphins set his value at a 2nd rd pick. We've also seen how much money the Bengals think Carson Palmer is worth. So yeah, no way would the Bengals trade Palmer for Culpepper. Heck the Bengals could have traded a 2nd rd pick for him like the Dolphins did.

    It's ludicrous to even infer that Culpepper has a value in the ballpark as Carson Palmer


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25