Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another George Grande thread

Re: Another George Grande thread

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran
    As I said in the game thread - he should have barrelled over Molina...for it to be a no-doubter. I thought that Dunn was going to do just that
    Dunn was looking for the collision but Molina cleared out to go after the ball, it caught Dunn off-guard. I'm sure every catcher in the league hears the footsteps when Dunn barrels around third.

2. Turn Off Ads?

if the Cards are a dynasty, so are the Twins.
    this would also mean that, meanwhile, the Yankees and Redsox literally own major league baseball.

The Cardinals claim their sixth NL Central title in Tony LaRussa's 10 years at the helm... a dynasty the equilvalent of the AMC Muscle Car Dynasty.. a souped up AMX?

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Cabesa
    Tony the great has that big stockpile of WS rings ... er I mean sweeps.
    Tony LaRussa- the winner of the lead broom award.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    The Cardinals claim their sixth NL Central title in Tony LaRussa's 10 years at the helm... a dynasty the equilvalent of the AMC Muscle Car Dynasty.. a souped up AMX?

Does the chick come with the car?

Quote Originally Posted by Hap
    Does the chick come with the car?
    Yeah, but she's 35 years older now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Dynasty?

Dont you have to have some championships before you get called that?
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    I can't blame Felipe for sliding head first. The guy broke his ankle sliding a few years ago.
    Hey Chip. My post was misleading, unintentional of course. My appologies to everyone.

Lopez did slide in feet first but he was sliding away from the plate, on the third base side. If he had slid straight into the plate and Molina, he would have scored easily. By sliding past the plate and attempting to touch the plate with his hand, he gave Yadier enough time to apply the tag. The kicker is, the ump wasn't in a very good position to see the tag and replays showed that Lopez was probably safe. Never the less, a good slide by Lopez and he's called safe.
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

Old Red Guard Reject

Hey, I thought I'd revive this thread since the latest bash GG thread got closed. Plus, it bashes GG and the Cards all in one thread. Bonus!

Anyway, how about Lance McAlister and Pete Rose for the Reds TV Announcers?

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Newman4
    Hey, I thought I'd revive this thread since the latest bash GG thread got closed. Plus, it bashes GG and the Cards all in one thread. Bonus!

Anyway, how about Lance McAlister and Pete Rose for the Reds TV Announcers?
    You made a bad choice.

This George Grande stuff has been beat to death, I suggest some of you read rule #5.

Turn Off Ads?