Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another George Grande thread

Another George Grande thread

Anyone hear George in the first inning refer to the Cardinal's recent "dynasty"?

Dynasty? :thumbdown
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Another George Grande thread

That's Georgie for ya.

Meh.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Post To Contact

"Well, it's the Cardinals, and you know their story. You talk about success, and you talk about dynasties, and that's what you get with the Cardinals, a successful dynasty; a great team that plays the game the right way, both on and off the field."

My favorite was when Dunn barrelled into home and missed the plate:

"Boy are we lucky that Edmonds wasn't out there. That's the kind of play that he does in his sleep," or something on the order of that.

As much as this board loathes Marty, he is a breath of fresh air beside George or Chris (who I feel is every bit as bad).

Chris continued to ignore the fact that Lopez did touch the plate before the tag while dissing him for "sliding wrong."
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan
    Chris continued to ignore the fact that Lopez did touch the plate before the tag while dissing him for "sliding wrong."
    He did slide wrong. Had he went in feet first, he would have been safe by a mile and the runners most likely would have been standing on 2nd and 3rd. Even the "Mad Hungarian" was commenting on what an absolutely pukey slide it was.
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Nd2
    He did slide wrong. Had he went in feet first, he would have been safe by a mile and the runners most likely would have been standing on 2nd and 3rd. Even the "Mad Hungarian" was commenting on what an absolutely pukey slide it was.
    As I said in the game thread - he should have barrelled over Molina...for it to be a no-doubter. I thought that Dunn was going to do just that - then he goes and misses the plate... thankfully, Kearns tells him to go back - otherwise it would have been the inning from hell...

Also, it looked as though FeLo was looking back coming around 2nd base, which might have slowed down his speed. Anyhoo, as the viewing audience we have the advantage of seeing that he indeed got his hand on the plate [from different angles no less], but we're not the ones making the call...
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

No doubt. I thought Dunn was going to tackle someone at the plate. He'd killed Yadier had he hit him. On the other hand, if "Burger" King had been backing up the plate properly, they would have had a chance to nail Dunn when he missed the plate.
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

Ten Things I've learned from George Grande during the 2005 MLB Season...

10. Jim Edmonds is the best player in baseball not named "Albert Pujols".

9. Albert Pujols is the best player in baseball not named "Jim Edmonds".

8. Yadier Molina is invincible but shall hence be known as "Yada Yada Yada Molina" due to the amount of time Grande talks about him.

7. If Jason Larue makes an off-balance poor throw from his knees on a steal attempt, it's bad form. If Yada Yada Yada does it, refer to Point #3 below.

6. When the Reds and Cardinals play, George Grande will do his best to demonstrate that he knows everything there is to know about one team on the field wearing red. That's as far as I'll go.

5. Yadier Molina has two brothers who also play professional baseball. Did you know that? Well, did you??? I sure did, but I still get to hear about it at least once per ballgame...sometimes when the Reds aren't even playing the Cards. I think I heard it twice during a Pittsburgh game.

4. David Eckstein is so scrappy that scrappy ain't good enough for David Eckstein. He's super-scrappy. UBER-scrappy? No. INFI-SCRAPPY!

3. If a Reds player does something dumb, they're dumb. If a Cardinals player does something dumb, we'll soon realize it was because the player is incredibly skilled.

2. The word "dynasty" either needs to have it's definintion updated or George Grande needs to purchase a freakin' dictionary. I support the latter, but if Merriam-Webster decides to take on the former then I start talking about Billy Beane's "dynasty" team up in Oakland. I'll also go on and on about Jim Kelly's Buffalo Bills and Bill Cowher's Steelers clubs.

1. Albert Pujols is more impressive than Andruw Jones because over the past few years, Pujols has performed with really no one else in the lineup to help him out.

Note: Yes, George Grande actually said that during last night's ballgame. I can't make that stuff up.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

I honestly think Grande roots for the Cards over the Reds. When Larry Walker pulled that single into right off Weathers in the 9th, George was pumped.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Nd2
    I can't blame Felipe for sliding head first. The guy broke his ankle sliding a few years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    I can't blame Felipe for sliding head first. The guy broke his ankle sliding a few years ago.
    But he could've broken a finger or hand sliding head first as well...
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran
    From personal experience, I'd rather break a finger or a hand than an ankle. And I would think he's probably somewhat gunshy about sliding feet first again. I know I am. If he'd broken a hand or finger in the past he might be gunshy about sliding head first. Besides, the rubes like it when a Reds player slides head first.

George and Chris are going to be in the Moon Deck tonight. I hope Jim Edmonds is playing so George can be closer to his true love.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Yeah, but his injury was a dislocated ankle. A very nasty injury that some felt he wouldn't come back from. If he remains at any risk of reinjuring his ankle in a feet first collision at home, he should be sliding as he did, around the tag instead of into it.

Bottom line -- he was safe.

Yep, it is definitely true: George sucks just as bad as ever.

Quote Originally Posted by 919191
    Anyone hear George in the first inning refer to the Cardinal's recent "dynasty"?

Dynasty? :thumbdown
    Tony the great has that big stockpile of WS rings ... er I mean sweeps.

Turn Off Ads?