Thread: Reds 2006 Schedule

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Re: Reds 2006 Schedule

Link to the 2006 Schedule

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASAp...9/c1215826.jsp
    Reds announce 2006 schedule
    09/19/2005 3:14 PM ET
    MLB.com

CINCINNATI -- A home-and-home series with the I-71 rival Cleveland Indians and interleague games against American League Central Division opponents highlight the Cincinnati Reds' 2006 regular-season schedule released today.

All times and dates are subject to change.

Tickets for regular-season games will go on sale at a date to be announced. In December, holiday gift cards will be available at The Reds Team Shop by Majestic, located adjacent to Great American Ball Park; at The Majestic Dugout Shop, located in the Westin Hotel downtown; or by calling (513) 765-7400.

Starting times for the 2006 schedule will be announced after Major League Baseball's television broadcast selections are finalized in December.

The Reds will open the '06 season at Great American Ball Park on Monday, April 3 against the Chicago Cubs. Following a day off on Tuesday, April 4, the season-opening homestand concludes with 1 more game against Chicago followed by 4 with the Pittsburgh Pirates.

Cincinnati's first road trip of the season begins with a 3-game series at Chicago's Wrigley Field from April 11-13, followed by a 3-game set at St. Louis on April 14-16 in the Reds' first visit to the Cardinals' new ballpark, to be named Busch Stadium.

Interleague play will continue for the 10th straight season with 6 games against the American League Central Division's Indians in addition to 3-game series vs the AL Central's Detroit Tigers, Chicago White Sox and Kansas City Royals.

The Reds will host the White Sox from June 15-18, Buddy Bell's Royals from June 27-29 and the Indians in a Fourth of July weekend series from June 30-July 2.

Interleague road games are scheduled for May 19-21 at Detroit's Comerica Park and June 23-25 at Cleveland's Jacobs Field.

The home schedule includes 12 games in April, 14 games in May, 14 games in June, 12 games in July, 16 games in August and 13 games in September.

2. Turn Off Ads?

2 games series then 4 with the pirates?

That's odd.
    Go Gators!

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Note to self...Reds road trips in 06 to Detroit and Cleveland (again).
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

While I have just begun perusing the Reds 2006 "tent-sched," one particular series already seems to jump off the screen at me...From September 4th-6th, there's a West Coast team that will make its only trip to GABP in 2006. Hint: Within this team's outfield resides a certain pumpkin-headed, media bashing, serial-fornicating racist...(that's right, a "PHMBSFR")

Now, taking into consideration the average HR/AB that this PHMBSFROF has averaged througout his career--and given the likelihood that this outfielder will be given considerable days off throughout the 2006 season--Blimpie's computer hereby projects that a certain fabled home run record stands a 83.45 % chance of falling during this home series. Mods, feel free to archive this thread if you must...

Thus, I move that we all try to purchase every OF seat available for that series. That way, we can easily abscond a souvenir from said fabled record and hold it hostage for a king's ransom. Either that, or we can agree to donate it to the HOF on the condition that we may take a Sharpie and write a big......giant......" * " on the sweet spot. Okay, so who's with me?

I say we buy up all the tickets for the day that Milton will be pitching that series. We'll significantly improve our odds that way.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Brilliant Blimpie Brilliant!

But will the Giants let him break it on the road?

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Why can't the Reds play one series in Pittsburgh in the summer (June, July, or early August)?! I always like to go to Pittsburgh to see them play (it's a much easier trip for me than going to Cincinnati), but for the second straight year it looks like the Reds' schedule conflicts with my work schedule!
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

"So Fla Red"

Why can't the Reds in-state rival bite like the Cardinals? Not that it has mattered for the last couple of years, but it is like spotting the Cards a three game lead on the rest of the division.

Reds out missed their chance to beat up on the Indians the last 3-4 years.

Will definitely be watching all three Reds games here in Detroit. Very nice.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Late September in Miami.... I'm There, barring any hurricanes.

Hopefully those games will matter.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred
    Why can't the Reds in-state rival bite like the Cardinals? Not that it has mattered for the last couple of years, but it is like spotting the Cards a three game lead on the rest of the division.

Reds out missed their chance to beat up on the Indians the last 3-4 years.
    Not to forget that those extra 3 games against the Tribe in 1999 (instead of 3 with the White Sox) almost certainly cost the Reds the Wildcard if not the outright Central Division crown

Dad gone it. The Reds are coming to DC again during the workweek,Mon-Wed April 24-26. I was hoping they would come to town on a weekend this next season. Hopefully the Wednesday game will be a day game. Those night games are too tough for me as I wouldn't get home till around midnight and then be back at work around 6:30 am. I'm too old to do that nowadays.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds
    Dad gone it. The Reds are coming to DC again during the workweek,Mon-Wed April 24-26. I was hoping they would come to town on a weekend this next season. Hopefully the Wednesday game will be a day game. Those night games are too tough for me as I wouldn't get home till around midnight and then be back at work around 6:30 am. I'm too old to do that nowadays.
    For us distant fans, the schedule giveth and the schedule taketh away. The 2005 schedule contained no weekend series at Houston during the summer months, when I can easily attend multiple games. The 2006 version delivers what I'm looking for on the first weekend of June.

Turn Off Ads?