Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New shows

New shows

Any reviews for new TV shows out there?

I watched "Surface". I think it's going to be cool. I hadn't read anything ahead of time. I had no idea it was going to have some Sci Fi, possible alien mystery to it. Made me have to tune in again.

TB says I'll like Threshold, but haven't seen it yet.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Re: New shows

I remember we did this thread last year and I thought it was interesting.

I have been focused on Rockstar: INXS, which just ended last night, so it's hard to shift my thinking toward all of these new shows.

I also watched "Surface" and liked it more than I thought I would. Mrs. U didn't like the lead actress, Lake Bell before she was bounced from the show "Boston Legal," so she refused to watch it with me.

I'm looking forward to checking out "Invasion" and that show on ABC where Geena Davis is the President. (I've set my DVR to record it, but I don't remember the title. )

I've got a channel on my DVR set up to record series premieres, so I may end up checking out a few wild card shows before the month is out.

Threshold is a great show. I was a big X-Files fan and this is one of the better Sci-fi shows since the X-Files. I also watched My Name is Earl and that is pretty funny show.

Rome is a baudy romp through decadent times.... kinda like the news without the commercials.

My Name is Earl and How I Met Your Mother were both good, IMHO.

But, I don't have time for the new ones. I have returners that I caught over the summer that I am now a fan of.
    Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy and my fav, Lost.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Rome is a baudy romp through decadent times.... kinda like the news without the commercials.

Yep, I'm digging Rome. Another triumph for HBO.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

I don't get HBO, but I'll tell you this, Thank you HBO for Band of Brothers. Finest piece of filmmaking I have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey

I watched "Surface". I think it's going to be cool. I hadn't read anything ahead of time. I had no idea it was going to have some Sci Fi, possible alien mystery to it. Made me have to tune in again.

TB says I'll like Threshold, but haven't seen it yet.
    "Surface" looked really cool, but I don't see how there will be enough material out there to keep it going, especially if it goes on multiple seasons. It reminds me a lot of the old series "Sea Quest". Both would (have been) be better suited as mini-series types rather than a weekly show.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Piergallini
    My Name is Earl and How I Met Your Mother were both good, IMHO.

I really like My Name is Earl. Jason Lee was channeling Nic Cage from Raising Arizona.

Tremendously funny pilot episode.

I thought How I Met Your Mother was pretty good, with a GREAT ending.

Allison Hannigan is still a goddess, but Doogie Howser was the best of the bunch (SUIT UP!)

I love Green Acres! I think it is going to be a hit. :
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

There is a new show on the WB on Tuesday nights at 9 o'clock called Supernatural. So far through two episodes I like it pretty well. Kind of an X-Files meets Buffy type of thing. Follows two brothers that travel around the country hunting down different supernatural monsters and entities while also looking for their father who is missing.

I heard "Rome" is like "I, Claudius" without the Benny Hill lighting.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Polly Walker on Rome has my full attention...Mama Mia! The rest of it is darn fine as well.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Watched Invasion tonight. It made me feel uncomfortable watching it. It is either really good, or just scary.

Lost continues to annoy me. I love the show, but it is just so tedious to watch the show, and the commericial breaks are always a cliffhanger. They finally get down in the hatch and then some guy (who once ran stairs with the doctor) with computers pulls a gun?
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Piergallini
    I don't get HBO, but I'll tell you this, Thank you HBO for Band of Brothers. Finest piece of filmmaking I have ever seen.
    Gonna rent it this weekend and watch it. With my work schedule, it's about they only way I can watch these series.

I heard that Everyone Hates Chris is suppose to be pretty good. Debuts on UPN tonight?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?