Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Wireless PC question

Wireless PC question

I sometimes stay in hotels with complimentary wireless high speed internet access. My laptop has an ethernet connection, but what is it I need to take advantage of this? Is this what USB adaptors are for? And is there anything I would want to avoid? I don't really need speed, as all I do is browse RedsZone!
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

2. Turn Off Ads?
    RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Re: Wireless PC question

A USB adaptor would work, but you'd get better performance from a PCMCIA wireless card if you have a slot for it in your laptop.

I've seen both of these for less than $20 each in the last month.

WAGS

does your computer come with centreno? but yeah a USB adapter or a wireless card would work.

make sure you secure your computer though, there are a lot of ways people can gain access, they don't even have to be in the hotel its self. anyone that lives atleast a block away from that hotel can get that wifi lol.

i was comming back from missouri and i booted up my mothers laptop, and i found 15 wifi's, all unsecure.

No centreno. How do you secure it? Are you talking about a firewall? Or just maybe laying aluminum foil over it? I am not sure what you mean.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

WAGS

Quote Originally Posted by 919191
    No centreno. How do you secure it? Are you talking about a firewall? Or just maybe laying aluminum foil over it? I am not sure what you mean.
    tinfoil hats. we must protect our sekrat data from the aliens.

nah just a secure firewall would help out a bunch

This might be a better deal if you don't mind rebates..

http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...ct_code=310155

Another deal here. Requires rebate.

http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...&pfp=92505sale

Re: $29.99 at OMAX.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBloodedAmerican
    This is the one I got- it suits my need sjust fine. Thanks!
    -Todd Snider

Turn Off Ads?