• Seinfeld

25 30.12%
  • Freinds

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Greatest Sitcom Of All Time

Greatest Sitcom Of All Time

Whose gonna win?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Greatest Sitcom Of All Time

Wow, tough call. It's really hard to compare eras with TV. I really like Leave It To Beaver though, which isn't on your list, for its depiction of a loving family with strong values. I still watch it today and think, man, that Ward sure does have a lot of good advice.

I'm gonna go with I Love Lucy. The humor is timeless.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Danny Graves is my Homey

Go Mash!

People today make fun of Leave It To Beaver for it's family life portrayal and that it was unrealistic. I can understand someone from the younger generation saying that. But being raised in the 50's/60's my life was alot closer to Beaver's family then Roseanne's.

Another one, which I forgot about, was Ozzie and Harriet.
    Last edited by GAC; 09-23-2005 at 12:37 PM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by Rychian
    Go Mash!
    Was M*A*S*H actually considered a sitcom? I suppose it fits because it was a half hour comedy.

More great family shows emitted from the list.

Diff'rent Strokes-I believe was one of the first shows to portray interracial and class storylines.

Family Ties-Former hippies raising a family in the 80's. Helped significantly by the great acting of Michael J. Fox.

Growing Pains-Kinda like the Leave It To Beaver of the 80's.

Does anyone else miss those "Very special episodes for the whole family" where a serious subject like sexual abuse or drinking and driving was focused on?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

I was raised in the Bunker residence. That show has aged unbelievably well for all of its topicality.

Mary Tyler Moore is an ever-so-close second.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    People today make fun of Leave It To Beaver for it's family life portrayal and that it was unrealistic. I can understand someone from the younger generation saying that. But being raised in the 50's/60's my life was alot closer to Beaver's family then Roseanne's.
    Hey, I'm from the younger generation, and I wish my life was closer to Beaver's family than Roseanne's.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    I was raised in the Bunker residence. That show has aged unbelievably well for all of its topicality.
    I wasn't allowed to watch this show growing up.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    My parents took me to a drive-in movie of Bonnie and Clyde AND Bullitt.

I wore my jammies, ate pocorn and ate the violence up.

My family couldn't be defined by a sitcom, but I did have an "Uncle" like Uncle Norman on Courtship of Eddies Father.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    That was one we could always watch in my family...along with Maude, The Jeffersons, and Sanford & Son.

I picked MTM but I almost picked I Love Lucy. I went for consistency (sp?). The other shows, including M*A*S*H*, had it ups and downs in quality and "watchability" [IMHO].
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Did anybody else watch the show called "SOAP" ??? The show had a great cast and yielded Benson as a fairly weakened spinoff. Watching SOAP was taboo in my house growing up--but I used to sneak into the upstairs den to watch it as a kid. Come to think of it, I would do the same thing with Monty Python and the first few seasons of SNL...Aahhh, the good ole days of television.

Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Does Cosby get an honorable mention at least? I didn't grow up watching much tv, but I enjoyed that one when I was in high school.

I voted for Andy Griffith. Always my favorite even though I watched them after they went into syndication. MASH is a close second even though the last few seasons were not very good,IMO. WKRP would get my vote as the most underrated. One of the funniest shows ever made.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie
    Did anybody else watch the show called "SOAP" ??? The show had a great cast and yielded Benson as a fairly weakened spinoff. Watching SOAP was taboo in my house growing up--but I used to sneak into the upstairs den to watch it as a kid. Come to think of it, I would do the same thing with Monty Python and the first few seasons of SNL...Aahhh, the good ole days of television.
    yep. Billy Crystal ws Jody.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Turn Off Ads?