Turn Off Ads?

Thread: For The Aviation Buffs Out There

For The Aviation Buffs Out There

I was paging through some web sites and came across this one. It has live streaming audio of Approach, Ground, and Tower frequencies on here. Included are Cincinnati/Covington (KCVG) and Port Columbus (KCMH). Look under the Class B tab for Cincinnati and the Class C tab for Columbus. I'm glad I found this site, because I was getting ready to shell out about $150.00 for a scanner to listen to this stuff.

Here is the link if anyone's interested:

http://www.liveatc.net/

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: For The Aviation Buffs Out There

Hey..nice find

These guys are kind of funny, the voice tones are hilarious
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Hey..nice find

These guys are kind of funny, the voice tones are hilarious
    Controllers, most times are the coolest people. It's great having an extra set of eyes looking out for you. Their tones are hilarious. You should hear them when they are agitated.

July 4th weekend I was on final approach to runway 27R at OSU/Don Scott. Some guy who was totally lost turns off of his taxiway and onto the runway that I was landing on and shuts down his engine while on an active runway. The controller that was working that day totally ripped this guy a new you know what, and for just cause. He basically did everything except cuss the guy out. I would like to have been a fly on the wall in the tower that day.

Starting to recognize some of the voices, one of the tower guys sounds real happy

This is fun
    Go Gators!

After being told to go to a different runaway
    "Why you guys changing us around like this??"

Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    After being told to go to a different runaway
    "Why you guys changing us around like this??"

Listen to it enough and it'll amaze you at what you hear. Especially Cincinnati/Covington since it's a busier airport with more air traffic. Try tuning into Dallas/Ft. Worth (DFW). It might be an interesting one with the hurricane coming in.

Krono, Could you imagine how eerie it would have been listening to these streaming audios as 9/11 was going down???? Both Boston/Logan and JFK are airports that provide feeds to this site.

I was thinking that yesterday while listening, if I hear something scary like that, I'd guess they would be confused about what was going on as well, hearing them get every plane down afterwords would have been something to hear.
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?