Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Reds vs. Phillies - 9/24/05 - How Long Will Milton Last?

Re: Reds vs. Phillies - 9/24/05 - How Long Will Milton Last?

Nice thing for Aaron to do.
    Go Gators!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by New Fever
    Pena is only 23 AND people just want to give him up for an arm. Do people realize without the horrible contract, he would be a Top 10 prospect in all of baseball. Compare him to players his age. Teams just don't give players away like that.
    But he did sign the major league deal so he's not a prospect any more. He'll be arbitration eligible after this year and while he probably won't make over $1M he's always going to have people saying, "Oh, give him time and he'll be a good defensive player" all his career. If you can trade Pena in a deal like they did for Guillen or Boone then you have to do it. I like WMP but he's just not going to get much better defensively and he's a liability on the base paths to put it kindly.

You guys are going to love this: Marty said that he was talking to people yesterday and they told him that if Billy Beane were GM, he'd trade Dunn for 3 good arms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Yeah and I'm Batman
    Go Gators!

That ball by Howard took a wicked,mean, nasty bounce off the scoreboard. It kicked hard away from "Thrill". I could have went to third on that one.
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

I just noticed for the first time that Gameday says Felipe Lopez, Jr. Sounds weird.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan
    Dunn finally breaks the homer drought.
    Yeah, and it was agaiinst a lefty too..

Its time for the meltdown... as Rollins steals 3rd base crawling.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    And for all that sound and fury, a .695 OPS for the year.

Boy, did we ever job the Yankees on that deal.
    The Yankees went to the World Series that year on the back of an Aaron Boone homer. When Boone blew out his ACL they went out and got themselves a heaping helping of A-Rod. I'll guarantee you that if you went to the Yankees and asked them if they'd do the Boone deal again, they'd give you a rousing, "You bet your (insert favorite body here)."

The Yankees trade for today with the absolute confidence they have the resources to tackle tomorrow when that moves to the front of the line. With one swing of the bat against Tim Wakefield, Aaron Boone justified that trade for the Yankees.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    You guys are going to love this: Marty said that he was talking to people yesterday and they told him that if Billy Beane were GM, he'd trade Dunn for 3 good arms.
    Unlike the current Reds GM, Beane would be able to identify three good arms and negotiate the deal.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    Unlike the current Reds GM, Beane would be able to identify three good arms and negotiate the deal.
    Exactly.

Oh...the Reds are going to blow this

Ye, of little faith

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw
    Oh...the Reds are going to blow this
    This club tends to defeat expectations. When you think they can't possibly blow it, they do. When you think it's a given that they'll yak it up, they hold on.

The Yankees went to the World Series that year on the back of an Aaron Boone homer. When Boone blew out his ACL they went out and got themselves a heaping helping of A-Rod. I'll guarantee you that if you went to the Yankees and asked them if they'd do the Boone deal again, they'd give you a rousing, "You bet your (insert favorite body here)."

The Yankees trade for today with the absolute confidence they have the resources to tackle tomorrow when that moves to the front of the line. With one swing of the bat against Tim Wakefield, Aaron Boone justified that trade for the Yankees.
    And then Boone proceeded to go on another one of his famous dirt naps as the Marlins shredded the Yanks in the Series. One homer. Sure it was dramatic. But it was one homer.

The Yankees certainly could have used Claussen this season. Now they're barely clinging to their lead and may not even make the postseason.

And a sensible Yankee fan would see the Boone/Claussen deal for what it was--just another step in depleting the Yankee's ability to bargain for trade deadline talent.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

This club tends to defeat expectations. When you think they can't possibly blow it, they do. When you think it's a given that they'll yak it up, they hold on.
    Then I stand by my prediction

Watching the Reds use four relievers this inning makes me once again wonder if there's anyone who thinks this makes for enjoyable baseball?

You get late into a game and then the managers suck the life out of the park. It's even hard for the home crowd to care after this many bullpen calls. MLB can't ban this sort of thing soon enough.

Turn Off Ads?