Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Biggest Turn Offs?

Re: Biggest Turn Offs?

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    Customer support from India.

I don't speak two languages, so I admire anyone who can. I also don't try to explain computer problems to people who don't speak english.
    Yeah, just yesterday I was on the phone with a "Justin" from Dell tech support... Something tells me that it wasn't his given name....

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie
    Don't forget some other consultant favorites:

Paradigm
    Esprit De Corps
    Skill Set
    Win-Win
    Outside the Box

Or using stupid words and phrases when something else would suffice...

"My Thought Process..." (Translation: "I was thinking")
    "Utilize" (Use)
    "Revenue Neutral" (Won't cost more)
    "Benefit Cost Analysis" (Is this worth the cost?)
    "Management Team" (Bunch of higher paid guys who talk about problems that lesser paid employees can solve on their own)
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck
    Or using stupid words and phrases when something else would suffice...

"My Thought Process..." (Translation: "I was thinking")
    "Utilize" (Use)
    "Revenue Neutral" (Won't cost more)
    "Benefit Cost Analysis" (Is this worth the cost?)
    "Management Team" (Bunch of higher paid guys who talk about problems that lesser paid employees can solve on their own)
    "Diminishing Returns" (Less profitable)
    "Redundant Overhead Cut" (Layoff)

This might surprise a lot of you who know me - but I like fake boobs.

I know, I know, shocking.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy
    This might surprise a lot of you who know me - but I like fake boobs.
    How are they working out for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Cabesa
    I like 'em on Puffy, too. It's the penciled eyebrows that I can't stand.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Cabesa
    At first I wouldn't leave my house. I mean, why leave when I can sit in front of the mirror and play.

But now I've learned that play time shouldn't take up more than 2 to 3 hours per day and I can be outside in those other hours.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Chastity belts
    Stick to your guns.

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili
    Chastity belts
    For you or her?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander
    Poor grammar. Huge turnoff for former English majors like me. English is my wife's second language and she speaks it better than a lot of Americans I know.
    One of my biggest pet peeve's is the incorrect apostrophe. As in, "I like the Cincinnati Red's." Or, "Austin Kearn's played for the Louisville Bat's."

I also don't like when people end a statement with an inappropriate question mark? As in, "I hope this answers your question?" Or, "I heard you bought a new car?"

I remember when I was in my third year at OU and I was taking a 400-level English class. The instructor spent an entire class period blasting 75% of the students who were still confusing the three forms of the words "there, their and they're", and the words "to, too, and two" they were also using run on sentences the instructor could'nt believe that juniors and seniors at college would make these mistakes. As well as sentence fragment's.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hap
    One of my biggest pet peeve's is the incorrect apostrophe. As in, "I like the Cincinnati Red's." Or, "Austin Kearn's played for the Louisville Bat's."

I also don't like when people end a statement with an inappropriate question mark? As in, "I hope this answers your question?" Or, "I heard you bought a new car?"

I remember when I was in my third year at OU and I was taking a 400-level English class. The instructor spent an entire class period blasting 75% of the students who were still confusing the three forms of the words "there, their and they're", and the words "to, too, and two" they were also using run on sentences the instructor could'nt believe that juniors and seniors at college would make these mistakes. As well as sentence fragment's.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hap
    As well as sentence fragment's.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Originally Posted by cincinnati chili
    Chastity belts

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    For you or her?
    Them
    Stick to your guns.

Pet peeves...hmmm...

-People who drive really slow on the freeway, then speed up when you go to pass them.
    -Having the cashier at the fast food place stare at me, rather than ask for my order.
    -On the subject of fast food, I hate the drive-thru cashiers who mumble unintelligbly into the speaker. Then, when you ask them to repeat what they just said, they mumble unintelligbly again--only louder.
    -Street signs in unfamiliar neighborhoods that are so small you can't read them until you've passed them--and realize it's the street you needed to turn on.
    -"People" or "Style" columns in newspapers that are written in a hip street slang style that's supposed to appeal to the kids, but just sounds stupid: "Cameron Diaz was all up in T-Lake's grill at the 'Choice awards, 'cause he was caught peepin' at "Glitter Girl" Mariah."
    -Robert Novak
    -Possibly my Biggest Pet Peeve Ever: There's a street here in D.C. with parking meters. One, however, happens to be in front of a truck bay door. Even though it's a metered space, if you park there, you WILL be ticketed. So, I would say that "Parking meteres in front of spaces that aren't really spaces" would be a pet peeve of mine.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Turn Off Ads?