Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Top 5: Annoying Celebrities

Re: Top 5: Annoying Celebrities

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS
    Macro, couldn't you just say "The Simpson Clan?" LOL: Why leave out Nick Lachey?
    You have a point, but for some reason Nick doesn't annoy me as much as the others. Maybe I'm prejudiced because he's a Reds fan?

I wonder if he has ever visited RedsZone? It wouldn't surprise me if he had.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    Always trying to walk that fine line aren't we?
    Speak for yourself and others like you. As you may of missed it, those on the right were walking the fine line before I put my two cents in. Just look up earlier in the thread, only the "liberal" celebrities were being singled out.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBloodedAmerican
    Speak for yourself and others like you. As you may of missed it, those on the right were walking the fine line before I put my two cents in. Just look up earlier in the thread, only the "liberal" celebrities were being singled out.
    Don't turn this into a political spat. You said your part on the thread topic, please, let it go at that.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    Don't turn this into a political spat. You said your part on the thread topic, please, let it go at that.
    Hey, don't bash the repub celebrities. I got the message. thanks

Lee Greenwood is a no-talent hack.

I literally cringe everytime "proud To Be an American" is played at a ballgame.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

I agree on God Bless the USA being played out clear back in 1991. But "no-talent hack" is a pretty good description for most people who have made it in the music business over the last couple of decades.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    I agree on God Bless the USA being played out clear back in 1991.
    I'll concur on this as well. It seems as though every time there's a war or national tragedy this becomes our anthem.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

"Liberal Celebrities" is that like an oxymoron? Aren't most celebrities liberal anyway?

I few to add to the list:
    Alicia Silverstone we haven't seen her in a while, but wow, she is an awful actress.
    Renee Zellweger - look at me I am frumpy!
    Is Carrot Top a celebrity?
    David Arquette
    No one mentioned the Jackson Family, I would rather watch the Simpson's every day of the week over those freaks.
    Brittney Spears
    The Rolling Stones will these guys just die already. They have been geezers since I was a kid twenty years ago.
    Trev Alberts
    Bob Griese
    John Madden I no longer watch MNF because of him.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBloodedAmerican
    Just look up earlier in the thread, only the "liberal" celebrities were being singled out.
    Hey, I listed Rush Limbaugh #1 on my list!

Seriously, though, let's steer away from the political commentary, and I'm not directing this at anyone in particular. If including Limbaugh on my list makes me guilty, then I'll apologize and edit my post. I think it's the added commentary and not necessarily the inclusion of a name on a list that has rocked the boat in this thread, however. But like I said, perhaps I'm as guilty as anyone.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Two more Rachel Ray and Bobby Flay from the food network. People are just not supposed to be that happy about organic coffee, or ancho chillies.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

For further political discussion:

http://lastperson.suncircle.org/inde...pic,131.0.html

And I'll let it go at that.

Until RBA's first post on this thread, most of the celebrities being named were not primarily known for their political positions, as far as I know. Up to that point, I counted four mentions of Paris Hilton, 6 of Tom Cruise, 4 of Dr. Phil, 3 of Donald Trump, and at least four separate posts mentioning various members of the Simpson family (Oh, there had already been one mention of Rush Limbaugh). I have no idea as to what the political persuasions are of Hilton, Cruise, Dr. Phil, Trump or the whole Simpson clan.
    As for walking a "fine line," I made a point in one of my posts of not naming any particular celebrity when I commented on my dislike for celebrities going on about their political views on award shows and the like. I don't care what their views are--it is an inappropriate forum IMO and, yeah, it is annoying. I don't watch the Oscars or a country music awards show or anything similar to hear someone's political rant, liberal or conservative.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

My reply will be on the last person thread.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Well, I think I was the first person to mention celebrities spouting their political views, but I didn't think it would lead to this. I don't care what side of the political fence a celebrity is, they all annoy me when they use the forum they have to bash the other side, whatever side that may be. Streisand still tops my list just because she always makes herself out to be an expert on whatever hot topic is in the public forum at the moment. One day she's going on about how the hurricanes were caused by global warming and tomorrow she will sound off on something else she doesn't have a clue about. It's one thing to voice an opinion. Just don't do it on stage at the Oscars.

That does it.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Turn Off Ads?