Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dunst Confirms 'Spidey 3' Villain Identities

Re: Dunst Confirms 'Spidey 3' Villain Identities

They probably think too many Goblins and the audience will get confused

Sadly..they are right about 85% of them.
    Go Gators!

2. Turn Off Ads?

They probably think too many Goblins and the audience will get confused
    Maybe the producers realized that the Goblin suit from the first movie looked like a Power Rangers villain, and they decided to go in a different direction.

Or maybe they want a new-looking villain in order to sell more toys.

A little from Column A, a little from Column B...
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    Maybe the producers realized that the Goblin suit from the first movie looked like a Power Rangers villain, and they decided to go in a different direction.

Or maybe they want a new-looking villain in order to sell more toys.

A little from Column A, a little from Column B...
    Or not - this is also from Freezedriedmovies.com:

Basically the costume design in Spiderman 3 is a disaster, just like Mr. Green Goblin in the first Spidey. Our scooper writes in, "If you thought the first 'Spiderman' was bad in terms of development, just wait until you see the next film. The first problem is with Venom's costume, which Spiderman wears first. Instead of being pure black, they took a bit from the comic and gave it a disgusting purple tint. In the comic the reason for the tint was to Venom stood out in the shadows, but in film there's no reason for this. Now I've actually seen the costume designs and they're terrible. The purple looks awful.

And yes it gets much, much worse. All I can say about the Hobgoblin outfit is "yikes"! He looks like a skateboarder or something."
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

They completely bypassed The Lizard...i think ...beacuse the actor playing Dr. Connors, is not well known, young and hip.

What i do not understand is why Gwen Stacy was not even involved in the 1st one. Can anyone give me a clue?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger
    They completely bypassed The Lizard...i think ...beacuse the actor playing Dr. Connors, is not well known, young and hip.

What i do not understand is why Gwen Stacy was not even involved in the 1st one. Can anyone give me a clue?
    Maybe, maybe not - Alfred Molina wasn't well known and he made a heck of a Doc Ock. I think the Lizard will eventually be a villian.

As for the Gwen Stacy question I have no idea why they left her out.
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

- - Fletch

Some villians that would fun to see.... Morbious, who was in Spider Man #99-100... when Spidey grew the extra arms.

The Schocker.............. and Rhino (John Goodman anyone?)

Quote Originally Posted by TRF
    Puffy, Harry was never Hobgoblin.

I hate creative license.
    Sure he was- Ultimate Spider Man #72-78.

If no one has figured this out, the Spider Man movies are a combination of the Amazing Spider-Man and Ultimate Spider-Man universes. The Ultimate universe is where the real artistic license is being applied and the movie universe is the hybrid result.

Tony C.- In the Ultimate universe, Gwen Stacy and Peter never dated and she simply wasn't a real big player in the storyline even before Carnage killed her. If Gwen shows up at all in the flicks, it'll most likely be as a way to cause some kind of tension between Pete and MJ before Gwen is offed by whomever Spidey's major bad guy is.

And if you want to know the most likely scenario for the origin of Venom in the next flick, the Ultimate universe is where you'll probably find it (USM #33-39). Unfortunately, an alien symbiote from Secret Wars is just a titch too darn over-the-top to play on film.

And yeah, Morbius would be cool. And I think the Scorpion would play very well on-screen. Personally, I'd like to see Man-Wolf or the Lizard show up considering that we've already met the characters.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Man Pills

Dunst confirms that she is, in fact, a butterface.

I totally forgot about the Scorpion.............. that is a good one.

Mysterio
    Ka-Zar
    The Vulture
    Hammerhead

When JJ Jameson goes nuts and goes after Spidey in the armor type costume.
    I totally forgot how that came about.

I have or have had SP from #33.... all the way to #171

I had the one where Gwen Stacy died and The Goblin died.
    I had #99.

This was all in the late 70's......... i sold most of my collection in the late 80's.

I stopped reading Spider-Man by the time i hit 18 in 1985.
    I never followed the Venom years....and all the different ways it branched out.

I always got Marvel Team Up and The Spectacular Spider-Man.
    Had #1 of SSM with the Tarantula. LOL.... all these old heroes and villians who appeared once or twice than were gone... brings back memories.

Most of my collection consists of The Avengers.... The Invaders ... Captain America and the Falcon..... Daredevil..... Ghost Rider.

All of these are all from the late middle 60's to middle 70's.
    Nothing past 1977-78.

They need to do the Spidey Wolverine team up.

David Hasselhof would be perfect as the Beyonder though.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Man Pills

Scorpion rocks, Lizard rocks. Mysterio blows. What a wuss he was.

And I freakin' adore Doc Ock. I'll never forgive Raimi for that idiotic Green Goblin suit.

Quote Originally Posted by ochre
    They need to do the Spidey Wolverine team up.
    Eh. I dunno. The idea seems good, but the two never really meshed (and Todd McFarlane BUTCHERED a Spidey/Wolverine team-up) although they could do the whole thing as if Spidey were just continually annoying the crap out of Logan.

What I'd really like to see is a cameo by Thomas Jane as the Punisher. That would be a super homage to the classic ASM line.

Probably couldn't introduce the Punisher the same way they did in ASM 129 (it would take a longer appearance for that). But I think it would be great if Spidey swung into a crime hideout after hearing shooting and saw the Punisher take a bunch of bad guys out. The Punisher would just turn around, point a laser-sighted rifle at him and simply utter the word, "Out."

Be a good way to pump up fans for the Punisher sequel as well.

As a side note, Jane is a self-proclaimed comic book geek and he's created a book for Image Comics (Bad Planet) and is currently writing it. Here's a good article for anyone who's interested:

http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.co...9201954566.htm
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

What I'd really like to see is a cameo by Thomas Jane as the Punisher. That would be a super homage to the classic ASM line.
    Outstanding idea! That film was very good, and though i love the scenes in the comic of how Castle's family died, especially the kite, the movie didn't stray too far. And Jane was fantastic as Frank Castle.

The current Spidey storyline "The Other" is fantastic. Spidey has been undergoing a massive change over the past two years that Marvel is handling very carefully.
    Suck it up cupcake.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    Scorpion rocks, Lizard rocks. Mysterio blows. What a wuss he was.

And I freakin' adore Doc Ock. I'll never forgive Raimi for that idiotic Green Goblin suit.
    See what I posted earlier - supposedly the Hobgoblin and Venom suits are atrocious.

Oh well.
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

- - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by TRF
    Outstanding idea! That film was very good, and though i love the scenes in the comic of how Castle's family died, especially the kite, the movie didn't stray too far. And Jane was fantastic as Frank Castle.

The current Spidey storyline "The Other" is fantastic. Spidey has been undergoing a massive change over the past two years that Marvel is handling very carefully.
    I boycott any storyline that I can only follow via multi-title crossovers. I'll wait for the TPB instead. And I'm sure I'll spend at least 15 minutes reading it at Barnes and Noble before putting it back where I found it.

Spidey has stingers? Uh...no. Bad. Bad idea. Hate it. Very bad. Fonzie on waterskis bad.

I'm glad you're enjoying it, but the whole storyline just reeked of sensationalism from the get-go.

I'm a big Marvel fan- much moreso than DC. Always have been that way. But Marvel is getting its rear-end kicked (and hard) by the latest DC storylines.

--Ted Williams

Turn Off Ads?