Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Dunst Confirms 'Spidey 3' Villain Identities

Re: Dunst Confirms 'Spidey 3' Villain Identities

I thought Nick Cage was going to do Iron Man. He is doing Ghost Rider.

Just read a few spoilers on Infinite Crisis. Superboy Prime looks to be the next major villain in the DCU if he survives the crisis.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by TRF

Just read a few spoilers on Infinite Crisis. Superboy Prime looks to be the next major villain in the DCU if he survives the crisis.
    Nope - I believe no one has been cast yet, at least according to this site:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/iron-man.asp
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Sorry...but i do not really like Francis Ford Cage's acting style at all.

His face does make a good Ghost Rider though.

If Vin Diesel was not sooo buff....he would make a good Silver Surfer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger
    Sorry...but i do not really like Francis Ford Cage's acting style at all.

His face does make a good Ghost Rider though.

If Vin Diesel was not sooo buff....he would make a good Silver Surfer.
    Rumor has it that Cage desperately wanted to play Superman. He's a HUGE comic book geek. Sold hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of books in the last few years. Ghost Rider, IMHO, is the perfect role for him.

If you want a good Silver Surfer, give the job to Cole Hauser.

I think Dougray Scott would be a perfect Tony Stark.

Colin Farrell would fit, but he's Bullseye so that wouldn't work out.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by TRF

Yeah, SB Prime went all nutty last issue. Good stuff.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD
    Yeah, SB Prime went all nutty last issue. Good stuff.
    Not to hijack the thread here, but can someone explain to me exactly what happened with all the Flashes when they swooped in and took off with Superboy-Prime? I know Jay Garrick said that the Speed Force was gone, but what's with Barry Allen showing up?
    Last edited by Sabo Fan; 01-24-2006 at 01:58 AM.
    "It's still a long way to the top if we want to rock'n'roll, but at least they dumped the tuba player."
    --M2

Quote Originally Posted by Sabo Fan
    Not to hijack the thread here, but can someone explain to me exactly what happened with all the Flashes when they swooped in and took off with Superboy-Prime? I know Jay Garrick said that the Speed Force was gone, but what's with Barry Allen showing up?
    I'm not sure that's going to be explained for another 4 months.

Flash is going to re-start at #1 when it's all over. My assumption is that Wally (plus his family) and Bart are going to end up somewhere other than Earth 1 (possibly Earth Prime). Barry Allen showed up, IMHO, because he's always known what was going to happen- even his death in the initial Crisis. He's spent time in the future before that so it makes sense to me. Basically, Barry Allen knew that he'd be needed at this point in time (as did the rest of the Flashes) so they showed up. And I don't doubt at all that Barry Allen will be back in the DC universe because I assume there will be something that happens that will undo the initial Crisis merging. In fact, I think that Captain Atom's flipping over to the Wildstorm universe was an indication that DC is ready to re-expand. I could be wrong, but the indicators allow us to lean toward that.

And I'm actually glad that the Speed Force is gone. I've long thought that it was a construct to make the Flashes more powerful than they actually should have been. The Speed Force being gone would also allow for Wally and Bart to be trapped to wherever it is that they've gone. No more infinite speed means no more crossing over or time travel. And I'm quite ok with that.

--Ted Williams

Barry said he'd visit Wally three times. This is time number three. I really need to get all the issues of IC... I've only read the spoilers and messageboards.

Barry coming back is possible, as IC is really just another retcon of the DC universe, but i enjoyed watching Wally grow into the job. I'm on the fence about the speed force being gone. I don't really want quicksilver in the DC universe. One of the coolest scenes IN JLA was in the Fernus storyline where wally moved half a million people in .0000001 seconds. yeah I know that makes him uber powerful, but it was still a very cool scene.

Regarding Cage and Iron Man. I had heard at one time he was looked at for the part, but I am ok with him as Ghost Rider.

Now if only they can figure out a good Captain America film... Maybe Barry Pepper? he's got the jaw for it.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD
    I'm not sure that's going to be explained for another 4 months.

Flash is going to re-start at #1 when it's all over. My assumption is that Wally (plus his family) and Bart are going to end up somewhere other than Earth 1 (possibly Earth Prime). Barry Allen showed up, IMHO, because he's always known what was going to happen- even his death in the initial Crisis. He's spent time in the future before that so it makes sense to me. Basically, Barry Allen knew that he'd be needed at this point in time (as did the rest of the Flashes) so they showed up. And I don't doubt at all that Barry Allen will be back in the DC universe because I assume there will be something that happens that will undo the initial Crisis merging. In fact, I think that Captain Atom's flipping over to the Wildstorm universe was an indication that DC is ready to re-expand. I could be wrong, but the indicators allow us to lean toward that.

And I'm actually glad that the Speed Force is gone. I've long thought that it was a construct to make the Flashes more powerful than they actually should have been. The Speed Force being gone would also allow for Wally and Bart to be trapped to wherever it is that they've gone. No more infinite speed means no more crossing over or time travel. And I'm quite ok with that.
    Thanks, appreciate the info. Thanks to TRF too.

Actually after posting I went over to IGN and they have a "Contemplating Crisis" article about the Flashes. Interesting stuff.

Seems to me that DC's intention is to bring back the multiverse as well. That's fine with me, as it always seemed strange to have the JSA and JLA running around the same planet. My guess is they won't have too many Earths, maybe just Earth-1 and Earth-2. That would seem to work ok.
    "It's still a long way to the top if we want to rock'n'roll, but at least they dumped the tuba player."
    --M2

Turn Off Ads?