Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Woman attacks police officer with plate of chicken wings and bottle of Coke

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Woman attacks police officer with plate of chicken wings and bottle of Coke

http://www.local6.com/news/5024250/detail.html

SMYRNA, Ga. -- A Florida woman was arrested and accused of attacking a suburban Atlanta police officer with a plate of chicken wings and a 2-liter bottle, police said.

Beverly Anne Campbell (no relation), 61, of St. Petersburg, Fla., was arrested on charges of misdemeanor battery and felony assault on a police officer, according to a Smyrna police arrest warrant.

She was also arrested on a misdemeanor charge of inciting a riot, the warrant said.

The incident happened Friday during a function at the Smyrna Community Center, said Capt. Keith Zgnoc, a police spokesman.

Officer W. D. Nesbit stopped a driver leaving the event who was traveling the wrong way on a one-way street.

But Campbell apparently objected to the traffic stop and attempted to turn the crowd against the officer, according to the warrant.

She allegedly threw the plate of chicken wings at Nesbit, hit him with the Coke bottle in the neck and then punched him in the face, "several times, leaving visible injuries," according to the warrant.

Another partygoer, Darius Campbell (also not related), was arrested on felony obstruction and misdemeanor counts of battery and inciting a riot.

The car driver, Brian Cedric Campbell (that's it, these people must change their names, they're too stupid to be in my clan), was arrested on charges of aggravated assault on an officer and obstruction and misdemeanor counts of inciting a riot, disobeying a traffic control device and refusing a DUI test.

Smyrna is about 12 miles northwest of Atlanta.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Re: Woman attacks police officer with plate of chicken wings and bottle of Coke

Good story - but even better avatar, sava!
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Apparently the Policeman was a vegetarian and non-caffeine drinker!
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Were they hot wings?

Those things can hurt
    Go Gators!

So everybody that was involved is a Campbell? How many frickin Campbells live in Atlanta?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Piergallini
    So everybody that was involved is a Campbell? How many frickin Campbells live in Atlanta?
    We're invading, led by him.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Is that Bruce? God love Army of Darkness.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Piergallini
    Is that Bruce?
    You have to ask? My God, look at the chin man! What chiseled bone work...truly the craftsmanship of an artist. He descends to us from his throne, the God of Mount Celluloid.

Turn Off Ads?